Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston - Memorial Park Area
Ranked #218 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I've stay here twice when biz trip in Houston. The hotel is close to freeway. It is also not far away from Galleria with proper room rate. The parking area is not small. The front desk always help customer on what they need. The room is well cleaned and the AC is in good condition.
The only concern is the room close to the Katy freeway side is a little big noise than opposite side.

Room Tip: You'd better to select the side opposite the freeway.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thanks for the kind words. We love when our guest enjoy our property as much as we enjoy working here. We strive to make everything better for our guest. Unfortantly yes we are rather close to the Katy Freeway (I-10). We understand for some this is a bother although we have several guest that enjoy the view and the sounds of the freeway. We are constantly striving for our guest to enjoy their stay. With that being said if any of our guest ever have issues with the sound we urge them to talk to the front desk and we will do everything in our power to make sure they get a good room that they can enjoy.
Thanks again for the great comments and hope you come and visit again.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston - Memorial Park Area

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Staff very friendly & helpful , front desk went out of their way to accommodate me at check in. Rooms about what expected at HI Express clean nice, AC not working that well but ok. Great location.

Stayed: April 2012
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for the kind words. We strive to make our property friendly. We do not want to be like some that shove a key at you and direct you where to go. We are welcoming you into our home and we want you to feel that we are happy to see our guests. We hope you keep comming back and we promise to keep being friendly and keep improving our property.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

I've stayed here on numerous occasions on business trips to Houston. Invariably the front desk staff are welcoming and interested, the rooms are spacious with a decent bathroom and effective air-conditioning for those hot summer temperatures! In addition to expected coffee machine, you get a microwave and fridge - useful if you are planning on staying more than a couple of nights.

It's a Holiday Inn Express so you don't get much in terms of facilities, though there is a pool and small gym & I was told I could use the gym on the other side of the freeway too. Near that gym are a few decent restaurants and cafes to make up for the lack of dining in the hotel itself, along with cinema, bowling alley etc. Very convenient. There is a breakfast area in the hotel, though food is very basic (muffins, pre-processed egg products etc.) eaten off styrofoam plates with plastic cutlery, but the attendant there is very charming.

The hotel is right on the Katy Freeway, which is great for getting out & about - the Galleria is about 10 drive minutes away, for example. Note that if you are a visitor to Houston, you will need a car - the area is pedestrian hostile!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter than the rooms at the front, which overlook the freeway.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thanks for the kind words. We appreciate that you keep coming back. We work very hard to make sure that all are guest enjoy their stay. With every comment and every review we look at what we can do to make it better. We know that we are a home away from home for most.

Our property is a bit on the more smaller type as we try to concentrate on what our guest need most. A large part of our guest have said these are the amenities they look for in our hotel. Though we strive to make things better we are constantly changing to meet your needs.

We are thankful that you stay with us and we hope you keep coming back. At the end of the day it is us here to make sure your stay is perfect.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Fabulous staff, great service, very nice rooms (microwave and refrigerator), incredible breakfast and no noise from the freeway. The location is both wonderful and difficult. It is fairly central and you can move around the city and area from a number of freeways. It is a little difficult in terms of getting off and on the freeway...very busy freeway and usually had to get across several lanes rapidly to make the appropriate exit. My advice would be to try to arrive and leave at non-rush hour times.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back or side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
edgarcia79, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston - Memorial Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Thank you so much for the kind words.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We understand how difficult or frustrating the city traffic can be. I think in any big city it is all about the side roads and avoiding the hot spots. Having our property right off the such a major intersection as I-10 and 610 leads to some great benefits. You get down town in less then 10 min. The Galleria less then 5 min. Memorial Mall less then 5 min. North & South Houston less then 10 min. When you are fighting rush hour it does tend to get longer. We hope you come and visit again.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stay here most of the times i come to Houston, the other times i stay at another H/I simply because it puts me closer to my clients. This Hotel is very Central close to hundreds of restaurants, mall, entartainment. The staffg is incredible and will bend over backwards to take care of you, when at the Hotel say hi to Eddie the Manager tell them Luis sent you, this man will do anything to make sure you have the best stay ever, There is only one person that comes across as not caring and she only deals with the meeting, but luckuly you may never see her. Stay here you will love the staff, management and location, ohh and they also serve hot chocolate chips cookies every afternoon which is kind of nice to have as a snack after returning from work.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thanks, Luis

We are always glad to have you stay with us. As much as we try when you come to visit it is more like a good friend coming to stay a while. Regardless of what some may think we love having you stay with us and we hope to see you again soon. I'm sure Lovette will have a big plate of cookies waiting for you.

Till next time.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed at this HIE for four nights. It's been recently renovated and the room, bed, bedding, etc. were all in excellent condition. It's right next to the I-10 Freeway so I asked for and received a room at the back of the hotel. I never heard any outside noise, except in the middle of one night when someone's car alarm went off repeatedly over the span of about 30 minutes.

While I was there, the pool was being repaired, so although it was available, the water temp. was not comfortable. I told the front desk staff that one of the reasons I booked into this location was because of the pool. They cheerfully adjusted my bill in keeping with their 100% satisfaction guarantee.

During my stay, I had a few other requests of the front desk, and Griselda cheerfully and professionally took care of them.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter (away from the freeway).
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
edgarcia79, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston - Memorial Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

I sorry you had to deal with that car alarm. Although we are even more apologetic about the unforeseen repairs that we had to make to our Whirl-pool. I am glad that my staff stepped up and made sure that your stay was taken care of and you still partially enjoyed your stay. We know we can not go back and fix what went wrong, but we always look to the future to and learn from our mistakes trying to make each stay better than the last.

Thanks for being a Guest!

Reviewed 29 February 2012

We stayed one night while in town helping my son move. I'm very particular about hotels. We found this hotel to have a very accomodating and friendly front desk. Rooms were clean and comfortable. There have been a few reviews about this particular area of Houston, which is actually a very nice, older part of Houston with many shops and restaurants nearby. Would definitely stay here again next time we're in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms located on the south side do not have traffic noise.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next stay with us. We work hard on making all our guest feel like family when they come to visit. Family in the sense that your welcomed and you should feel relaxed enough to come and enjoy the lobby or just unwind in the whirl-pool. We are happy to know that you will visit again. We will continue to be here as a place of comfort for you and yours.

Thanks for being a Guest!