“Upgrades are wonderful”

Ranked #11 of 325 things to do in Houston
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hands-on interactive exhibits in the areas of science and technology, history and culture, health and human development, and the arts.
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We love to go to the CM. My daughter loves science. She loves all the new additions. This is a Houston treasure.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,466)
All reviews
in 24 reviews
"whole family"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 28 March 2012

My grand-daughter loves this place. There is so much to do for everyone. Kids learn so much here, and kids have FUN at the same time.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

My kids love going to the Children's museum! They love the plays and reading area. The grocery store is a blast and Oh when we go to the water area, they go crazy! It's too overwhelming for me on any day because there is so much activity going on but Hello! It's for the children! Just like i drag them through my favorite places, they can drag me to their favorite places too;)

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We spent about 6 hours at the Houston Children's Museum with our girls ages 8 & 9. We could easily have spent an entire day there - there is so much to do! We had to drag the girls out of the Kidtropolis area. It is a mini town where the kids get to role-play as owners/patrons of a business, they get paid, have credit cards, ATM's, etc. Our kids loved it!!! The Powerplay area is also great! These were our favorites but the entire museum is awesome. Best Children's Museum I've been to!

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This is a very good museum for children (and adults) it is more oriented towards older kids 6 and up in my opinion so our daughter or 3 had less things to do there. Nevertheless, she did not get bored for a minute. A part from the more scientific rooms there is a small city where kids learn to shop in a supermarket there is a hospital and a police station a vet clinic bank etc. which is great for role play and. There are also physical activities (going up and down ladders) rock climbing snowboarding and more. And if that was not enough there are guided activities such as face painting or when we were there making the hat of the famous “cat in the hat”.
The cafeteria is, however, disappointing, not a lot of choice—especially for vegetarians—and rather pricy for what you get. Eat out or bring your own food.