“Ok”

Star Cinema Grill Vintage Park
Ranked #27 of 99 Fun & Games in Houston
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Nice seats - not the best ones I've been in.

Service to the location was slow for order and delivery.

The wine received was not very chilled.

The popcorn was light on butter and super-salty. But, there was a lot of it!!

I'd come again with adjusted expectations.

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Thurswday, July 8th, " The Secret Life of Pets." There were a couple things that disappointed us. Least of all was the service. They did a great job, being prompt and courteous. Food was as good as one might expect for this venue. However, the popcorn tasted like microwave popcorn??? Could it be?
However, the two main complaints for theater #7 are: seat 4, row E, was split & cracked and very uncomfortable. This of course added to our disappointment of our surroundings ... the counter and flooring, both a wee bit sticky. There were 4 of us with one who was a first timer. For that reason and what I will note next, she said that she will not return and prefers the comfort, food and sound of the new AMC Willowbrook.
So, number 2 (or maybe 3) was the ear splitting sound. Had you had a better system, surround sound and newest technology, the decibel level might have been tollarable. However, as it was, the sound was soooo sharp, three of the 4 of us had to put Kleenex, folded into our ears to be able to stay in the theater for the movie. So, I will not recommend Alamo to others, nor will our family return until these issues are addressed.
Clay Evans
Clay.athome@gmail.com

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

I recommend ordering your food before the movie starts as it does take a while for entrees. With that said, the bottomless popcorn is a great deal and the cheese sticks at awesome. We love the vintage ads before the movie starts. Great place!

Reviewed 9 June 2016

I have been to several Alamo's (KC, Omaha) and my impression is always a great movie dining experience. Normally I am with my wife and she is extremely beautiful, so service is never a problem, but I was by myself and it took 8 miinutes for the first person to greet me. I ordered the carnivore pizza and it was ~25 minutes before it arrived...I had to go to the bar to get another beer while I waited. The pizza was cold, but I didn't have enough time to wait for another. People all around me were complaining about the service, but you could see the wait staff standing near the bar chatting. I won't return to this Alamo.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Movies are a popular form of entertainment and they often serve as a backup option when families and others cannot decide what to do. The food and beverage in most cinemas consists of simple drinks and snacks, but one cinema that offers much more is Alamo Drafthouse Vintage Park.

Alamo Drafthouse has made a name for itself as a place for movies, drinks, and dining and I often visit for these reasons. It’s a great idea when you are too short on time to visit both a restaurant and a movie theater. With Alamo Drafthouse, you get your food, drink, and movie all in the same sitting for a complete night of entertainment.

This Alamo Drafthouse has only a handful of cinemas, but they all feature seating with lots of legroom- a necessity when serving food and beverages. The wait staff comes around to each person and looks for a card, indicating a food or drink order. They then take the card and come back a short time later with your selected beverage, then with your food. I have had generally good luck with the service and I find it efficient. Keep in mind that there is no need to watch a movie- if all you want is food, you can order a meal and sit on the outdoor patio to eat. This is what many people in the area do for lunch.

Alamo Drafthouse Vintage Park serves snacks such as bottomless popcorn, fried pickles, mozzarella sticks, chips & queso, and other options. For lunch or dinner, select among choices such as wings, grilled cheese, Philly Cheesesteak, Royale with Cheese Burger, Mushroom and Swiss Chicken, BBQ and Smoked Bacon Burger, pizzas, and specialty drinks. I usually go for the Philly or one of the burgers, with fries on the side. It’s a good size meal and the food is generally good- not the best you’ve ever had but good for a cinema and much better than the usual movie theater fare.

The movies and food are nice at Alamo Drafthouse, but the real star of the show is the beer. Guests will find dozens of taps as well as bottles and cans of beer, with a selection that rivals that of most taverns. They even serve some difficult to find beers here and I can always find something I haven’t tried before.

Seating at Alamo Drafthouse begins 30 minutes before the show. I recommend arriving early so that you can place your order before the movie begins. This will make it more likely that you get your food and drink before the movie, while there is still some light in the cinema. I like to finish my food as close to the start of the film as possible and then just focus on the beer and the only way to ensure this is to get there early.

Movies are still a great way to spend an evening and with the great beer served at Alamo Drafthouse, an already enjoyable experience is made that much better. The food and drink are a little on the pricey side, but this is, after all, a movie theater so it’s to be expected. It’s a fun way to entertain and the Vintage Park area has lots of stores for some pre or post- movie shopping. Check it out when you get the chance and let me know which beers you try.