“OK not great”
Review of Masraff's

Masraff's
Reserve with OpenTable
Masraff's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 8,434 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Great Uptown
Description: Masraff's on Post Oak Blvd is a casually elegant upscale restaurant owned and operated by Houston restaurateurs, Tony and Russell Masraff. The restaurant has quickly become a local favorite with it's unique American cuisine and contemporary ambiance. Best described as American cuisine with a touch of Southern Europe, the seafood, fowl, homemade pastas, lamb, beef and seasonal game will satisfy the most discriminating diner. Soon after opening, Masraff's received stellar early reviews, including the prestigious three-star rating from the Houston Chronicle Dining Guide, as well as being named among the ten new restaurants on the culinary cutting edge in the US by The Wall Street Journal. For a delightful culinary experience, dine at the Chef's Table, where the Chef prepares a gourmet six -course dinner of his choosing. The Restaurant, which has recently moved to 1753 Post Oak Blvd from its former location at 1025 S.Post Oak Lane, seats over 200 for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 5 March 2012

When I was looking at the list of restaurants on Trip Advisor for Houston and saw that Masraff's was #2, I was amazed. We eat out frequently, possibly 8 times a week. We went to Masraff's a few months ago and have never been back. We thought the food was just OK, not great, and not really worth rushing back to eat there again.

1  Thank tctravelgirl

Reviewed 15 February 2012

Masraff's for dinner must be one of the best restaurants in Houston! The food was prepared and presented superbly ... calamari - not fried, but lightly grilled - was unbelievably tender; spinach salad was fresh with a wonderfully flavorful dressing; the lamb was cooked rare (just as I had asked) and delicious; the tuna was also rare (as I had asked) and was light and full of flavor. The service was gentle and attentive ... friendly and not stuffy, observant and responsive. The entire staff is very well trained indeed. This should be on your list for places to dine!

2  Thank TRHinHouston
Reviewed 13 February 2012

After our second unsuccessful attempt to dine at Masraff's, I decided to get out of the car and check the Dining Hours. That's when I discovered that they are closed on Sundays. So, we made it a point to make reservations on Saturday instead. :o). As the old saying goes, "The third time is a charm." Masraff's was well worth the wait. It completely exceeded my expectations of just another trendy spot to dine. The food was absolutely divine. The atmosphere was very lively, and made it a little difficult to converse at times, but who could talk anyway? The flavors from the food were having their own little party in my mouth and I wanted them to enjoy themselves to the fullest. The service was prompt, attentive and very courteous. I have recommended Masraff's to all of my in and out of town friends because Masraff's is a "must dine while in Houston" destination!

1  Thank Vanessa D
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Had lunch with a dozen of the best meeting planners in the world at the invitation of a visiting team from the fashionable Auberge resort group. Service was crisp. Food was interesting and tasty. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

We had two meals at this restaurant during out stay, one lunch and one dinner. Lunch was good, dinner was better. There was a more varied menu for dinner, as should be, and we enjoyed that more. Lunch - i had the grilled tuna salad. The tuna was excellent, but the salad overdressed. For the appetizer, I had the tuna tartar, which was just OK.
Dinner was better, though again the appetizer disappointed. I had the Boston Wedge salad, which was just OK. For the main I had a fish special that was excellent.
I would recommend this restaurant for a business lunch or dinner, as the decor is lovely, the service was quite good, and the food nicely presented, and good, but not spectacular.