“Tour the Kingdom”
Review of Birraporetti's

Birraporetti's
Reserve with OpenTable
Birraporetti's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #690 of 8,508 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Prairie
Transit: Birraporetti's is located three blocks down from the Preston stop on the Metrorail, and there are Metro bus stops around the restaurant. Birraporetti's will also call you a cab if need be.
Description: Birraporetti's is located in the heart of the Theater district. Just steps away from the Alley Theater, Jones Hall, Hobby Center, and Bayou Music Center and Sundance Cinema. A few blocks away from Toyota Center and Minute Maid Park. For almost 40 years Birraporetti’s has been the place to gather on a date, celebrating with friends and family, happy hour, or before or after the theater.
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Second time to dine at Birraporetti's, it's nice. This time I had calamari appetizer and Tour the Kingdom dinner which was bacon wrapped shrimp, crab cakes, and scallops wrapped in prosciutto ham, served with ribbon pasta. Everything was great. I wasn't served bread and I.m fairly certain we were on my first visit.

1  Thank Sharon M
Jon G, Public Relations Manager at Birraporetti's, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review. Bread is an ala carte item , but your server should have made the offer. Hope to see you again soon. We also have happy hour from 3-6pm weekdays at the bar.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

The location is very convenient to Jones Hall.

As to the food, my ravioli was not hot in the middle. It appeared as if it had been in the refrigerator and warmed up but not enough. The crabcakes tasted mediocre; not bad just nothing special.

The staff was friendly and the service was good. I like the atmosphere. I will go back and will speak up if the meal is not right. We were in a hurry this evening.

1  Thank Gimmy1040
Jon G, Director of Operations at Birraporetti's, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2017

Thank you for your review, by all means if you're meal is not to your liking, please inform the manager and they will do everything possible to make sure you are satisfied. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Chose this restaurant because it was very close to where we were staying and another choice was closed on Wed. My mamma always said, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all. Very mediocre, the same cheese sauce seemed to be on the 3 dishes we ordered. Average is a generous rating.

1  Thank Neverhome2013
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

When reading all reviews it seemed to be an even split between good and bad. On our first visit for Sunday Jazz Brunch, as a belated birthday meal, we all (4 adults 1 child) felt that the food, quality, service, bar offerings, and ambiance was Excellent. First, Sunday parking on street is free. There are several lots and parking garages close but all cost $10. Second, the service was impeccable-very attentive and my endless mimosa was never empty. Third, the food quality was excellent and much more variety than I expected when reading other reviews. Definitely worth the cost. And finally, the jazz musicians were amazing entertainers who have been performing together since 1977. The music was a nice background level-never getting too loud for table conversation and we sat very close to where they were at. Highly recommend the Sunday brunch. Look forward to returning.

1  Thank Carrie C
Jon G, Guest Relations Manager at Birraporetti's, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Thank you Carrie C for your wonderful review, we hope you again in the near future!

Reviewed 16 February 2017

Ate there prior to going to a performance at Jones Hall. I have no complaints about the service as the waitstaff was very attentive. As a side note, I've always found it somewhat amusing to have a waitperson not take notes and remember the orders (I think this is supposed to impress me) however then when the orders are delivered they don't know who ordered what. Anyway the food was OK, not outstanding but what you would expect from a chain restaurant. The only bad dish was the chocolate mousse. I think they forgot the chocolate. It had lots of whipped cream, almonds and a cherry on top, but almost NO chocolate. Probably would not go there again.

1  Thank gmac66
Jon G, Guest Relations Manager at Birraporetti's, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2017

I hate to correct a customer, But we are not a chain restaurant. We have our main location downtown and our sister restaurant in Friendswood. They are both locally owned but separate companies. I'm sorry that your food was only okay, unfortunate. Maybe you could inform us which items you had, so we could look at your issue which might facilitate a change. Recently we have received complaints about the Mousse and last Monday I sat down with the chef to change the recipe. Remind me, before the next time and I will provide one to you on the house, to see if there is indeed a difference. I hope you'll reconsider and give us another try!

Jon Glieber