“Best Mexican I have had since I was here last.”

Ninfa's on Navigation
Reserve with OpenTable
Ninfa's on Navigation is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 9,028 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Delano
Reviewed July 26, 2018

Came here with the Grand kids and they liked it so much we returned the next day. Brought friends and they loved it.
Great food at reasonable prices. Free parking.

Reviewed July 24, 2018

Food was amazing. Service a bit slow for a week night. We sat out on the patio so we may have been a bit forgotten out there. Will try the indoor dining room next time.

Reviewed July 14, 2018

Had dinner there while in town for a convention. The meal was great and so was the margarita! The salsa and quest were very good. Service was a little slow but that was probably because the restaurant was packed. They also allowed plate sharing.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

When we visited the place was full of people. The area of building we sat in was very crowded and space-limited. The drinks were cold, the food was very good. We ordered the Parrillada for 2 people. It came with beef fajitas, chicken fajitas, (excellent) ribs, carnitas, a cheese stuffed Poblano pepper, and four jumbo shrimp along with lots of grilled onions and green peppers. We also received rice and beans for two and guac, pico de gallo, and sour cream. This was way more food than we expected. I thought the $55 was worth the meal. Specialty drinks were a little pricey at $15. Beers were $5.50. Our server was on top of everything with the help of a very nice lady helping her named Liliana. Our experience here was very good.

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

It’s really disappointing to have to leave a review like this because for us, Ninfa’s has really been a place of sentimental value over the last few years. Unfortunately it is not at all what it used to be. We’ve seen a steady decline in the quality of the food, drinks, and overall service. Last night was the last straw.

I’ll try to be as detailed as I can about what happened last night. The restaurant was not that busy and we arrived at 7pm. We were seated in a dining area in the middle of the restaurant. At first we noticed flies around our table which we ignored at first but when the food arrived we were swatting flies for the remainder of our evening there, which ended up being pretty short.

We ordered a “pitcher” of margaritas which we know from experience Ninfa’s has pricey margaritas and the pitchers are slightly smaller than most other restaurants. No matter. We ordered anyway and it was delivered to the table with large pieces of ice filled all the way to the bottom of the pitcher. As I poured two servings, hardly anything was left in the pitcher. So I asked for a manager, and he simply defended the way that the pitcher was served by saying verbatim: “you have to put more ice in your margaritas otherwise you’ll be drinking pure alcohol. That’s the way we make our margaritas.” I didn’t want to get into a long discussion with this guy about the properties of ice and alcohol, but I can tell you there were no more than 2 1/2 servings of margaritas in this pitcher even if you included the ice. He claimed there were 4, which was absolutely not true as he also didn’t want to fix the problem. So we returned the margaritas altogether. I can think of dozens of ways he could have handled this more efficiently but he wasn’t interested.

Then the food was delivered to the table. We ordered a full plate of chicken fajitas. It took literally less than 4 minutes for the food to arrive at the table which we thought was strange. The fajita iron was not even hot - I was showing the guests at the table next to us that I could place my fingers on the edge of the iron and leave them there with no issues. The chicken was not sliced correctly in the fajita and it was very dry. I’d say overall it seemed like our meal was thrown together very quickly for whatever reason. At this point we didn’t want to talk to that manager again because we knew he wouldn’t offer any normal solutions that most other restaurants would handle without any problem at all. So, we ate as much of the fajita as we could, left the waitress a tip, and decided that this would be our last visit to Ninfa’s on Navigation.

We very rarely complain about anything in a restaurant and generally we both give a lot of leeway when it comes to stuff like this. But when someone does complain, it is really easy to fix a problem. This manager at Ninfa’s is incapable of doing that and honestly this is the biggest takeaway for us after dining here on many special occasions throughout the years: that one time we had an issue, they refuse to fix it. In fact they’d rather take a loss ($30 pitcher of margaritas) than offer a simple solution. Of course the thrown together fajita plate didn’t help. It’s a huge loss for us because we really did love this place and it was always our top choice for dining.

This is a city where you have an unlimited amount of Mexican restaurants and I think many other restaurants deserve your business if you are looking for a good and simple dining experience.

3  Thank Globewalker737