“Houston's Restaurant Month 2017 ”

Christie's Seafood & Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
Christie's Seafood & Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #619 of 8,899 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Christie's Seafood & Steaks began in 1917 as a small food and drink stand on Galveston's waterfront. Now located on Westheimer Road in Houston, Christie's is Houston's oldest family restaurant, and we invite you to join us for a great meal! Come in to Christie's for fresh seafood and delicious steaks! Try our famous butterfly fried shrimp. It's made from a secret recipe that has been passed down over generations. The Remoulade sauce that accompanies the fried shrimp is from a traditional recipe from 1917. It's to die for. Bring in the whole family, and feel at home with our personable, friendly staff and comfortable atmosphere. If you have a large family or a celebration, our banquet room creates a festive backdrop for any special occasion. For almost a century, the Christie family has served the same incomparable food that made its founder, Theodore Christie, famous. Dine with us tonight to find out what it's all about!
Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

This is my 1st time dining here. My waiter Omari was excellent. My food and service was superb. My waiter was very attentive. I'm so full, I had to take my dessert to go. I will definitely be back.
Shun

Kathy C, Owner at Christie's Seafood & Steaks, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

We are so excited to know that we'll be seeing you again! The fact that your meal and service were both such a big hit means the world, and thanks so much for sharing your kind words. Here's to next time!

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

Great food, great quality, the best service ever. Christina was our waitress and she was so on point! OMG they had fried snapper too! I'll be back.

Kathy C, Owner at Christie's Seafood & Steaks, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2017

Thank you so much, Elle -- we're thrilled to know how much you loved your food! Here's to having you back again any time!

-Christie Family

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

We travel from East Texas just to eat at Christie's. Being a former Houstonian, my family ate there frequently. There is something quite special about their fried shrimp you won't find anywhere else. A fresh, crisp salad; a few large and delicious onion rings; and veggie side comes with the dinner. No a la carte for everything you want to include with your entree you find at other restaurants. This family owned and run restaurant is quality personified. I can't wait to return.

Kathy C, Owner at Christie's Seafood & Steaks, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2017

Is sincerely means so much to know that you travel so far just to come dine with us! We truly cannot wait to share your kind words with everybody else here, and we also can't wait to have you back again real soon! Thanks so much for everything -- Christie Family

Reviewed June 4, 2017

Christie's had really fresh, delicious seafood gumbo, crab stuffed shrimp, Greek style seafood, and awesome au gratin potatoes. The pretty decor made this a really special evening!

Kathy C, Owner at Christie's Seafood & Steaks, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2017

This is awesome to hear, Lynn! So glad you enjoyed our fresh seafood from the gumbo to the crab stuffed shrimp. And, of course, you can't go wrong with au gratin potatoes. That said, we sure hope to welcome you back for a bite again very soon.

All the best,

Reviewed May 26, 2017

We chose Christie's because of the Art Deco building and the fact that it has been around since 1917. The atmosphere is sort of "marine club," which strikes the right balance between casual and fine dining. We and other diners were casually dressed, while there were a few parties who were in "Sunday best" and everyone was appropriate.

The main dishes were excellent. My husband had the Shrimp, Oysters & Fish Greek style and pronounced it some of the best seafood he's had in this country. I had Christie's pride, a flounder with shrimp & crab dressing baked in foil. It was beautifully cooked, and the dressing was the perfect addition to what can be a bland fish.

The only disappointment was the au gratin potatoes, which in this case were chunks of potatoes in a cheese sauce, rather than the layered casserole of cheese and potatoes with browned cheese on top.

Service was prompt and adequate, but the server had a bit of a sour attitude. When I asked her whether the dressing was a bread dressing (it is), she sighed and explained to me how the fish was cooked, which I fully understood, but did not tell me what type of dressing it was. I would have selected a different side than potatoes if I'd known it was bread dressing. She also seemed irritated when we asked her questions about the history of the restaurant printed on the menu -- it gives two different dates for the opening of that location. However, it wasn't enough to ruin a lovely meal.

Kathy C, Owner at Christie's Seafood & Steaks, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2017

We are so pleased to see what an enjoyable time you and your husband had with us! It means a lot to know that all of your seafood was prepared so wonderfully, and we truly appreciate your kind words and input. There's nothing more important to us than always providing the complete five-star experience, and we sincerely look forward to showing you both that the next time you're here!