“Great BBQ place”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Everybody loves an original, and you're not likely to find too many things more original than this. It would be an understatement to call the Goode Company Barbeque on Kirby a Houston institution. It's a tradition that has stood the test of time.
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Had a dinner event here and needed to support a large group of 50. We had our own BBQ set up for us. Excellent ribs and chicken. Good brisket too. Overall the food was very good. Very large bar area and the service was also great

There are newer reviews for Goode Company Barbeque

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Often my family and I use to eat at Goode Barbecue which is located off Katy Freeway in Hiuston, Texas. We loved their baked beans with apples and their bbq was awesome. The last time we ate there were two years ago. Since we were dining with a friend from Quebec we decided to meet at Goode BBQ off 290 and Hwy 6. I ordered ribs, brisket, potato salad and baked beans with apples. The ribs and brisket were dry and seem to be over cooked. The baked beans were awful. They were mashed and could not find no apples. That use to be one of the best items on the menu but for some reason their food doesn't taste nor look the same. I do not know if they changed owners, management staff or cooks.
But I must say the staff was friendly and very attentive. Nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

This is a Houston institution located right smack dab in the center of town on Kirby Drive. The place has excellent barbecue and a fun atmosphere on the outdoor patio. (The inside is a bit cramped). Be prepared to sit on benches with other patrons. The barbecue was still very good, particularly the brisket, sausage, and ribs. But I do feel prices have gotten a bit high, particularly for the brisket in light of value received. They were also now some better places for barbecue if you are willing to go farther away from Central Houston. And there are few better places to get a good pecan pie. All in all I still enjoyed going here though I do feel it was comparatively better a decade ago

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

So I used to rave about this place some yrs ago, but I now realize Goode Co Texas BBQ on Kirby serves below then average brisket and ribs at a premium. What happen to them? My brisket and ribs were dry and bland again. It is not a one off b/c this has happen on several occasions.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

This is a great place for lunch I have been here many times and have never had a bad experience. I highly recommend this place.