“My favorite neighborhood BBQ place”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tony's Barbecue & Steakhouse
Ranked #3,708 of 8,666 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Reviewed May 17, 2015

Have eaten here many times and the food is always consistently good and priced right, the staff is very experienced and you get your order promptly and are looked after once seated.

Reviewed October 29, 2014 via mobile

With so many other choices in the area, this is not the place to get BBQ.

Very little flavor and poor presentation and portions

Reviewed August 14, 2013

If one could even call it that. A group of us went there for a take out lunch on a Tuesday afternoon. I was looking for sliced pork, pulled pork, or something similar. It was not on the menu. I settled for the BBQ rib special instead. Initially, the counter server kept thinking that I was asking for a rib of beef (that should have been my first clue that something was amiss). Finally, she got it right. Four ribs were placed in a box and covered with sauce. I do not think that they were BBQ'd at all! I asked for a side order of macaroni and cheese and texas toast to go with the meal. Upon tasting the ribs, I realized that these were merely oven roasted and covered with a BBQ sauce. Not good. The macaroni and cheese tasting like Kraft's out of a box. Needless to say, the bread was pretty much inedible. I will never visit this place again.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I actually ordered from this establishment through a restaurant delivery service for delivery to my hotel room, so I can only review the food itself and not the facilities or table service. I ordered the smoked breast turkey plate with pinto beans and Cajun rice as my sides. The turkey breast was moist and had a great smoked flavor. The Cajun rice was a little on the bland side, but the pinto beans more than made up for it; they were delicious. I would definitely order from here again.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We each had the two meat combo with brisket and ribs with two sides. The food was very good. The only disappointing item was that they barely had any desserts. None of the three pies listed on the menu, no peach cobbler, and no ice cream for blackberry cobbler. Manager said they were out because of a large number of Groupon customers ordering dessert.