“Great Thai !!”

Thai Chefs
Ranked #641 of 8,904 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed March 30, 2017

Neighbors put us onto this restaurant - we had no idea it was hidden in the semi-junky & small strip center. Don't let that bother you. The place is small - not a bad thing - and it's absolutely spotless. There are only a few parking spaces in front but there's lots of room in the back - just follow the Wendy's signs and you'll see where to park.

The two, very pleasant waiters were always nearby so you never have to wait. Very full menu with some not-so-common dishes available.

Started with the chicken sate and it was perfect. Lightly grilled with the yellow curry flavor but not at all spicy. Accompanied by peanut sauce.

Tried two main courses: Chcicken Pad Thai and Chicken & Pineapple yellow curry. The Pad Thai was the best we've had since Saudi Arabia! Don't judge me ... there are lots of good, ethnic restaurants in S.A.. Cooked perfectly, noodles were translucent and very tasty. No spicing added but a spicy level of "1" would be perfect if you just want some spiciness added to the Pad Thai. The Chicken and Pineapple gumbo was outstanding, It's served with a generous helping of sticky-rice. Fairly large bowl so it's a meal for one. Tried it with a spice level of "1" and it was just right. Enough sppice to get your attention but not enough to spoil the flavor.

No desert. Two entrees and an appetizer snd we were both stuffed.

Reviewed March 7, 2017 via mobile

First, this place is in a very small strip center that could probably stand a little work, but do yourself a favor and look past that aspect and you won't be disappointed. For our appetizer we had the cheese rolls and they were excellent. For our entrees we had a mixture of different items. The Tom Kha soup was really flavorful and the side of fried rice was excellent. We also had the Pad Thai with chicken and beef as well. Careful on the spice level you select. I selected what was mid level and it had too much kick for me with the beef. That's my fault and I will drop down a level next time. Note: I like spicy a lot, so just be warned!! The chicken was perfect as well and I will probably get that next time because the beef wasn't as tender as I like. Finally, we had the Panang curry chicken and it was spectacular. The service was good because it was really crowded and they were very attentive. I will definitely be back to try additional menu items (at a different spice level).

Reviewed February 20, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here last night. The appetizers were nice, especially the cream cheese rolls. My wife ordered the yellow curry with chicken no. 2 spice level. She said it was excellent. I had the chicken pad thai no. 2 spice level. Also very tasty.

The service was great for the place being packed. Staff was friendly. Prices are very reasonable.

We had been looking for a good Thai place and we have found it.

Reviewed January 29, 2017 via mobile

Every time I have been, the food is amazing! The service is fantastic. The curries are tasty, the pad thai is very tasty. The place is always packed! Love the soups here, the spring rolls are great, too. I can't say enough good things about it. Parking is the only thing that sucks.

Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

If you want Thai food, that is as authentic as it can be without flying to Thailand, come to this place. This is a hidden gem in the cypress area. When in Houston make sure you drop buy and enjoy.