“Yum” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beaver's

Beaver's
Reserve with OpenTable
Beaver's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #442 of 8,075 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Washington Ave./ Memorial Park
Houston
“Yum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

I have been wanting to try this place ever since I heard of it. My friend and I shared the Beaver Burger and the Pit Boos Chickwhich. Both were good and I am glad I got to try them. The chips that came with the burger were amazing. I can't wait to try everything else on the menu when I return.

Houston, Texas
“new chef, new menu items - great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2009

Beaver's offers great food and wonderful creative drinks. For the size of the place they have a large selection of beer and wine in addition to the creative cocktail menu. On Sundays try the Squealing Mary. A bloody mary with candied bacon (instead of celery stalk) and a bacon salt/sugar rim. My only fault is that they only offer them on Sundays.

Sunday brunch menu is great. I've had the pulled pork (wonderful) with eggs. Friends have had everything from the huge and fluffy pancakes to salads. They are known for the Spam Wow! sandwich. It's too much for me and I find Spam too salty. But my friends swear by this sandwich for all Spam lovers.

Desserts are amazing. I always make room to split an order of the Beaver Balls, fried brownie balls with browned butter ice cream.

In addition to sitting for a meal I've also sat at the bar for a couple of cocktails. The bartenders are attentive and friendly.

1 Thank Stolitx
California Desert, California
“Delicious Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2009

After reading the other reviews I wondered if I lunched at the same Beaver's. My smoked meat sampler was so delicious it barely needed the BBQ sauce. My partner's baked potato stuffed with Carolina pork was excellent, and the pecan pie & brown butter ice cream was to die for. The service was attentive and friendly. It was a bit on the pricey side though for BBQ. Our local friend who took us there plans to come back.

1 Thank penderguide
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great environment to hang out. Good drinks and the service is great. Food is average at best though.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2008

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Houston
“The worst BBQ place in Houston.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2008

One of worst restaurant experiences I have had in Houston. Absolutely horrible food and service. I went expecting a wonderful meal due to the reputation of Monica Pope. The wait staff was slovenly and inattentive. About the only nice thing I can say about the experience, was...the weather was nice.