All reviews indoor outdoor pool m club business trip breakfast buffet west side easy access front desk staff lobby area business center fitness center self parking atrium lounge convention beltway renovation laundry
Reviewed April 1, 2017

My son and I stayed for three nights as part of our annual spring break trip. We arrived on a Friday evening after a very long 10 hour drive. We were greeted promptly by the bell men outside even though it was raining when we arrived. Check was prompt and our room key was already available. My issue with check in was that I was not able to get a room with two beds because I booked through a third party. This has never been an issue an other full service Marriott properties in Dallas, San Antonio and other cities we have traveled to. I was told I could pay the upgrade fee of 30 dollars a night but I declined when she said a roll away could be provided. But then,after check in, I was told that a bed could not be provided because it was a fire hazzard in king size rooms. The chaise lounge type chair in the room did not allow a bed to safely be put in the room so we had to share a bed for three days.

The bellmen were very friendly and helpful. I left my son with them while moved to the car to find a parking spot. In the couple of minutes I was gone, he had made friends with the bell men and they were carrying on a very animated conversation about the horrible Houston traffic. They greeted my son by name every time we left and returned and were always very respectful towards him. He loved being addressed by name each time. Please pass along my compliments to the bell staff.

The room and bathroom were modern and clean although the bathroom did feel a little small. But it was a not a deal breaker. Fridge and coffee maker but no microwave but it did appear that was space for one near the fridge. Bed was extremely comfortable and we slept great. And despite the fact that the hotel seemed very busy, we never heard any noise in our room or from other guests. Recently remodeled and it feels new even though I know the hotel has been there for a while.

Breakfast buffet was very good with a good selection of fruit, hot and cold dishes and made to order eggs and make your own waffles. Wait staff was efficient and friendly except for one morning when the hostess did not want to seat us at a larger table even though the restaurant was not busy at all and breakfast was almost over. I explained to her that the table we were seated at the day before was way to small and that we needed a bigger table to avoid my son knocking everything over to the floor. When she kept insisting on the smaller table, I explained to her that I was not going to be held responsible if my son broke dishes or made a huge mess if he plates fell off the table. Only then did she finally relent. I was trying to save my kid the embarrassment and the staff the extra work if he knocked something over like a drink or plate of food.

And now for the problem we had and I consider it a security issue. Saturday night when we returned to our room the door was cracked open. And it was very obvious. We went in and the lights were on even though I had turned them off when we left, the bathroom light was one and the toilet was running and it was not doing that when we left. I immediately went down to the front desk and explained what happened and she paged a manager to come speak to me. And this is where it could have gone either way and I am pleased to say that your manager Moses (I believe that was his name. Tall, African American male) took care of the issue with in a matte of minutes. I went from being extremely ticked off to laughing with him at the end. He took control of the situation, asked me if anything was missing (thankfully all electronics and Rx medications were still there) and went out of his way to make sure I was content with the resolution. He found out it was the executive housekeeper who had left the door cracked. He never made excuses for the staff, he apologized several times and offered my son and I breakfast for the remainder of our trip. He asked me what else he could offer me but I was so pleased with his attitude, demeanor and professionalism that I did not accept anything else. Please forward my compliments to him. I meant to leave a note for him before we left but I forgot to do so, Because of him, I will def return the next time we are in Houston. He is an asset to your hotel and as a Rewards member who travels a lot , it is refreshing to see a manager take charge to ensure guests are satisfied.

My only other issue was minor. I called down to request extra towels because my son had made a mess with the water in the bathroom. I was told that someone would be up in a few minutes. An hours later, still no towels and I need to shower. So I called again and she apologized and said some one would be right up, Another 45 min passed and still no towels. So I just gave up and used a beach towel I had in my suitcase.

The hotel is kind of hidden but that's a good thing. There are dozens of restaurants near by and there is a Target and mall not too far either. Free parking and easy access to other freeways. Indoor pool and hot tub. Part of the pool was indoors but the hot tub looked like it needed a major cleaning. Very murky water and way too many people in it. I even saw two children it it.

My son has already asked when we can return. We will def return in the future.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share a detailed review of your recent visit to our hotel. I’m thrilled that you and your son enjoyed staying with us and that you were pleased with the helpfulness of our friendly staff, our convenient location and our delicious dining options. While I’m sorry about you returning to find your guestroom door ajar one evening, it makes me very happy to read that you were extremely content with the compensation offered to you by our team, and with your interaction with our manager on duty at the time. Our team will always do all they can to ensure the safety and happiness of our guests and I’m thrilled that this issue was resolved to your satisfaction. Your five-star rating is greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you and your son back to the Houston Marriott Westchase again in the future.

Reviewed April 1, 2017

Disclaimer: I am a principal in an investment consortium that are franchise owners of Marriott, Hilton and Starwood branded properties around the U.S., both full-service and limited service. This entitles me to Platinum Premier Elite Owner status. And it means that I understand the hotel business. The margins are skinny, the labor market is tight, and HR costs are going up; hence, finding competent and committed team members is tough. It takes leadership from the GM. And I know it when I experience it.

Having said all of this, the team here made real effort on all counts. Mark and Jaylon at the front desk were amazing (even went a little beyond the call of duty), and the bellman, Alex was helpful and suggestive (again, more than I am used to, even when staying at a JW or Ritz).

Great customer service is not by accident. I applaud the GM on setting a great culture!

Thank you for the great service. I hope to visit again!

Jeremy

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you, Jeremy, for taking the time to acknowledge the exceptional service you received from our team during your recent visit to our hotel. It’s truly a delight to read your kind words and I will be sure to pass your wonderful compliments along to Mark, Jaylon and Alex for going above and beyond your expectations and providing you with top-notch service while you were staying with us. We’re thrilled to receive your five-star rating and hope to have the chance to welcome you back to the Houston Marriott Westchase again very soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2017

I stayed there for the Super Bowl. I'm a Patriots fan and the hotel had been booked by some organization for Atlanta Falcons family members. So the entire hotel - doors windows, elevator doors and staff uniforms were done up in Falcons team colors. One poor woman at the registration desk said that she and her family came from New Orleans and if her mother ever saw her wearing Falcons colors she would disown her!

My room was very good - everything worked and it was comfortable and quiet. I had no problems with noise from the other guests, especially on Sunday night after the game, it was very quiet. My only real quibble is that there was no room safe and so I had to go through a complicated and labor-intensive process to use a set of security boxes they keep at the registration desk.

Houston is one of the most spread-out cities in the US so getting from one part of Houston to the other is a problem, but even so I thought the concierge staff had an unusually hard time explaining how their bus and public transit system worked and I ended up taking taxis and Ubers because I couldn't understand their attempts to explain it. Westchase is not in a central location for downtown Houston but there are many corporate offices around there so it's probably an excellent location for some business travelers.

I had a room service dinner and two room service desserts and they were outstanding.

I can't comment on the price because I think it was way jacked up for the Super Bowl.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2017

It was a pleasure to welcome you to our hotel for the Big Game and I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the delicious meals your ordered from our in-room dining menu. I am sorry that you had some difficulties accessing our safety boxes and I will share your comments with our team for their review. Houston is a large city, and it can take some time to get acclimated when using public transportation to travel around. I’m happy that our staff tried to help with your sightseeing plans while you were visiting our city. We hope that you will return for another stay at the Houston Marriott Westchase again soon. Thank you.

Reviewed March 1, 2017 via mobile

Disclaimer: I am a Marriott Platinum member and rarely stay at non-Marriott properties.

My stay in Houston coincided with the lead-up to the Big Game. This hotel was the "Atlanta Falcons' friends and family HQ" hotel. That could have been a turn-off (especially for Patriots fans), but the hotel did a great job continuing to make ALL guests feel welcome and appreciated.

It was impossible not to notice the photo of the hotel general manager, Mr. Greenblatt, on posters which were on easels in the lobby. In this case, Mr. Greenblatt's promise to take care of every guest was the real deal. On every level -- reception, housekeeping, coffee shop staff, M Club staff, bellman, security, even Mr. Greenblatt himself -- the hotel really rolled out the red carpet during this stay.

The M Club is newly renovated (possibly relocated). The M Club is the concierge lounge and it is conveniently located right at the front door off the lobby. Smart.

Also, thanks to the hotel for stocking sparkling water in the refrigerator inside the M Club. This is a brilliant touch. What a treat to have an option to grab something that makes us feel welcome on the road.

Thanks for walking the walk!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2017

Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel prior to the Big Game here in Houston. It is wonderful to read your glowing review, as it is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and know that they appreciate all the efforts that we put into ensuring they truly have the best possible experience here at our hotel. I am thrilled that you were impressed with all that we have to offer and hope that you’ll return for another visit to the Houston Marriott Westchase again in the future.

Reviewed February 21, 2017

I have been staying in Marriott Westchase for many years. Now they have renovated all rooms and the rooms look very bright with new fixtures. The service is still very good. The breakfast is very good. Ample parking and easy access to highway.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2017

We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel over the years and as a frequent guest we’re thrilled that you are pleased with our recent renovations. It’s our pleasure to continue to provide you with the exceptional service you’ve come to expect from our team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Houston Marriott Westchase again very soon. Thank you.