“Excellent in every way!”

Four Seasons Hotel Houston
Ranked #19 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 9 March 2012

My co-worker and I stayed at the Four Season Houston the last week of January 2012. We were in town for a tradeshow and coming "home" to this hotel at the end of a long day was a wonderful treat.The staff was friendly and sincere. The rooms were spacious and sunny. The sushi at the lobby bar was superb. The pool, gym and spa area were perfectly maintained and the outdoor jacuzzi was a great remedy for our tradeshow weary muscles. We started each morning with room service coffee and eggs benedict and it was perfectly prepared and presented. The complementary car service was appreciated and allowed us to branch out to some good restaurants. My co-worker and I travel frequently and internationally and we both agree that this hotel is the best of the best.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool area and on a high floor.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank likethewind27
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Houston

Reviewed 6 March 2012

We used WhataHotel to book a one night Girls' Getaway in downtown Houston last weekend. WhataHotel has special arrangements with many upmarket hotel groups. In this case, we were able to book two rooms for $159.00 plus tax each. This included not only the standard ameneties of a Four Seasons Hotel, but also free breakfast and lunch. That is a GREAT deal on a great hotel.

Lucy at Whatahotel handled everything in an friendly and professional manner. All of the staff members at Four Seasons, particularly the drivers of the complimentary car service, were lovely. The car service was very handy for us because we were going to/from the theater district.

We recommend Whatahotel and Four Seasons Houston!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The best hotel in Houston. Great location if you're looking for a business hotel in the heart of it all. I have stayed in many great hotels but strangely haven't been to a Four Seasons (it's a mystery as to why). This has me now commited to the brand (when possible). The service was first rate, wonderful attention to details, I arrived early with no problems checking in (at 12 noon) and the room was comfortable, spacious, had large windows and the fitness center was perfect. The onsite restaurant was great for a late lunch meeting that I had and the downstairs bar area at 6pm was humming.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Some notes on a recent 3 night stay:

Room: A standard room with king sized bed. No complaints.

Staff: Overall the staff was very courteous and professional. A step above the usual. One minor quibble: The room staff kept coming into my room to perform their daily duties: making the room, turning down the bed, folding my dirty clothing, organizing my toiletries on the bathroom counter, etc. I found it odd...especially the folding of my clothing...but I guess I could get used to it.

Restaurants, Bars, Food: The bar/restaurant on the third floor, Quattro, was a little non-descript, but as usual the staff was nice. Prices were unexpectedly high. My colleague and I had lunch there after our arrival. It cost $90 with tip. The lunch was good but not that good.

The 1st floor bar was above average. Every night we were there they featured live music. A jazz trio took requests and were able to play a request of mine. Nice!

During our meeting, the hotel catered the meals. I was impressed with the breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner that were catered by the hotel. Overall the food was above average for selection and execution. I especially liked the poached sea bass that was served for lunch one day. Excellent.

Mazza's (Across the Street): Not affliated with the Four Seasons, but since it's so close I had to comment. We went there after a meeting for a drink. The bartender was surly and clumsy. I wouldn't go back.

Internet: They have two options for internet access: normal and high speed at approx. $7 and $15 per day. I signed up for the $7 option and had no problems.

Overall: A very nice experience for business.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We got engaged here in November and it couldn't have been more special. The following month, I hosted a baby shower high tea for a friend visiting from outside of the country and again, the help and service was amazing. The coordination was top-notch and it could afford to have a wedding at the Four Seasons, I would. My fiance and I look forward to staying at the hotel for years to come to celebrate our engagement.

-- Genevieve Woodard

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Fantastic service and attentive to all details from the time you arrive until departure. Can not say enough about the hotel staff and their attention to detail.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rkurtz
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I have stayed at the Four Seasons numerous times and the service is always first rate. From the time you arrive to the time you leave the staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. The room was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. The curtains close completely and make the room quite dark so you can really get a good nights sleep. If you are looking for a great place to stay in Houston it's pretty hard to beat this hotel.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms on the pool side which are a little quieter than the street side.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business