1,733 results
All reviewsfront deskmedical centerclose to downtownbreakfast buffet ishome away from homeself parkingmuseum districtfree shuttlezarakirbyfreewayvaletappointment
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Most importantly, this hotel is old and dirty. The cloth furniture in my room had multiple gross stains on it. Some of the bathroom fixtures were broken. The bathroom light switch was outside of the bathroom, and behind the door which opened outward. It was very awkward to turn it on and off. The TUBE television took more than 5 minutes to warm up. There were no extra outlets at the desk for my computer. Had to choose no lamp in order to power my laptop. The room service breakfast food quality was horrible, and they didn't cook anything as it was ordered. Everything was severely outdated. The bed was uncomfortable. The soiled furniture and carpeting made me afraid to touch anything. This is the most disappointing hotel in my recent travel memory.

Room Tip: The bellman told me that some rooms had new flat screen TVs. Insist on one of those rooms if you get stuck here in spite of my most stern warning against staying here.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2011

Hello Gringoscazu,

Thank you taking the time to write a review on my hotel. It is important that we know how our guests are served so that we can take necessary steps to improve. I would love to hear from you so that you can give me more details as to what room you were in. I would then be able to get with housekeeping and engineering to inspect the room thoroughly to ensure that it is up to our standards. We have been in the process of installing new flat panel TV's in all rooms. We are not completed but should be by the end of the year. I am sorry that you had an old TV in your room. Our beds are newer and most people think that they are very comfortable so checking the state of the bed in your room is also important. As for the restaurant, I apologize again. We have a great breakfast buffet with cook to order eggs and waffles. I am not sure what you ordered but have addressed your concerns with our Chef and Food & Beverage Director and they are taking your comments very seriously.

Please do make contact with me and thank you again for your review.

Director of Sales & Marketing
713-577-1259
dhollier@pacificahost.com

Reviewed December 10, 2011

I checked into this hotel the 9th of December!! Christopher waited on me. He was nice, very pleasant.... The following day he also waited on me.... Some of the other guest services representatives can learn a lot from him.... I would come back, just because of him.... Awesome service.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2011

Hello Desiree C,
That is an amazing review!! Christopher has just recently started with us and he has been doing an amazing job! I will pass on your kinds words to him and I'm sure he will be thrilled to hear that he was acknowledged in your review. We are looking forward to your return and I hope you have a happy holiday! Thank you for yor review and your patonage!
Take Care,

Reviewed December 9, 2011

This is a great hotel, but the staff is what really makes it outstanding. Ms. Hollier & Claudia in Sales are always pleasant and extremely helpful. The registration desk personnel are very friendly and courteous. I will definitely be staying here whenever I am in Huston

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
dhollier, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2011

Hello Judith E,
Wow!!! Thank you so much for speaking so highly of our staff!! I am very proud of the hard work that they put in on a daily basis! I know the staff will be thrilled to have been mentioned in your review. Thank you in advance for any future referrals you send our way and we are looking forward to your return! Happy Holidays!
Respectfully,
Sid Siddiqi

Reviewed December 9, 2011

A large group of us Cleveland Browns fans traveled to Houston this year for a game. We had about 40 people and each one had something nice to say about the experience. The Manager at the front was a MAJOR factor in making this such a wonderful and stress free trip. Just let her know what you need and she finds a way to make it happen.

They even supplied us with a party room (suite) so we could all meet up and have somewhere we can ALL hang out together. Great staff and our rooms were spotless. I will be back for sure.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris B

Hello Chris B,
I am thrilled to hear that Mandy took such great care of you when you were visiting Houston. I remember when your large group of Cleveland fans were here and they sure had spirit! I'm glad the hospitality suite was available to accomodate your group and that everyone had such a great time! We definetly look forward to having your group back next year! Thank you for such a generous review and we hope to see you soon!
Take Care,

Reviewed December 9, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for 2 days over Thanksgiving and found it very acceptable with clean and comfortable rooms. I had read the mixed reviews and can understand both ranges of comments. The hotel is a typical Crowne Plaza standard slightly dated but clean, very well maintained, quiet with very comfortable beds. This is not a modern brand new boutique style hotel. We were given an upgrade and a corner room extra large with large flat screen TV's , fridge and microwave. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is typical chain hotel standard. The hotel is easy to find and convenient ( by car) to both the downtown and Galleria areas with plenty of local restuarants. The car park as advertised does charge $8 day but typical for the area, the car park has a slightly quirky entrance and exit. We got a very competitive room rate so our stay was very good value.
Overall very good value comfortable and convenient as a stop over ,but if someone else is paying the bill or its a special occasion then there are more modern and expensive alternatives.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very large and comfortable
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Hello Stevep553,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review, as I'm sure other travelers will find it very helpful. I am pleased to hear that your stay was comfortable and convienent. Yes, we are a typical Crowne Plaza but we do stand out when it comes to service excellence. When I read how our staff was friendly and helpful I wasn't surprised. I am very proud of how often we get recognized for our customer service. We appreciate your comments and we hope you come back soon! Have a great weekend!
Respectfully,