US$90
US$105
US$85
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

US$227
US$149
US$180
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$199/night.

US$114
US$104
  • Restaurant
US$75
US$280
US$133
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

1,729 results
All reviewsfront deskshuttle servicemedical centerclose to downtownbreakfast buffet isself parkinghome away from homemuseum districtfree shuttlezarakirbyfreewayvaletappointment
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I travel extensively for business and this hotel is the Whole Package.
The staff is fantastic. Shaila at the front desk, Mandy the Concierge, and Debbie & Claudia who manage Sales are all very professional, kind and interested in making your visits most enjoyable. The hotel management will look you up at the Wednesday Mgr Reception. Nice! They care.
Within walking distance are plenty of restaurants of all star ratings and cuisines so no need to drive. The River Oaks area has a great neighborhood feel and a small park is across the street from the hotel.
This is the best central location to access all highways heading any direction around Houston.
All the amenities and decor are very nice quality and nightly rates are reasonable.
This is the best place to stay in Houston and I look forward to my next visit.

Darin E.

Room Tip: High floors have a nice view of downtown, the Med Center, and Galleria areas.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Hello Darin E,
WOW!!! Reviews don't get any better that yours...THANK YOU! I am delighted to hear that our team exceeded your expectations. I love reading that you love everything about our hotel. Our team truly loves their jobs and it puts a smile on their faces to hear from satisfied guests. Thank you so much for acknowledging all of our employees that make your stay a memorable one. I will pass on yor gracious comments to them. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your return!!
Safe Travels,

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Maybe because I booked on priceline? Idk but the clerk was very dry. No one offered me any assistance or directions. Neither was I given a gift baggie upon check in.
I had to ask for directions to the elevators but I heard all three telling the other guests where hotel services were. Both my son and I asked that our rooms be as near as possible, I am recovering from a serious health issue; he was in 1509 and I was in 1709. Si much for adjourning rooms....which is why we booked at this particular venue. Smh...
The room service tacked on about 3 extra charges that were not mentioned on the menu...2.50 service fee and a 2.50 Room service fee. LOL! Never again.

• Stayed: October 2012
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Hello charmilla,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry that during your check in you felt that the front desk agent was not friendly to you. I appreciate you giving me your room numbers so I can investigate this situation and I will make sure that this is never repeated. We treat all guests the same no matter how you book your reservation. I am sorry that you were under the impression that we pass out gift bags at check in. The gift bags that you saw being passed out were bags left specifically for out of town guests by a wedding party. I sincerely apologize and I hope that you will give us another chance the next time you travel to Houston.
Take Care,

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I didn't realize I was a rewards member, but when I checked in they not only added my rewards to my stay, they upgraded me to a suite for free. Staying two nights and in town for a wedding, that was a big help and made the stay so great. I did have a little bit of trouble with the cold temperature in my room, but they sent someone right up to fix it.

Especially want to thank Marcela Mejia at the front desk, who gave me the upgrade and helped me out a couple of times during my stay. Her beauty, charm, and helpful attitude made this a rare memorable stay at any hotel in my travels.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Javi P

Hello Javi P,
I am so pleased to hear of your positive experience with us at the Crowne Plaza River Oaks! Thank you for sharing your story about your recent stay. I am thrilled to hear that Marcela took such great care of you. I know that she will be thrilled to hear that you recognized her for her hard work. Thank you for being a priority club member and we look forward to your return.
Safe Travels,

Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was my third visit to this hotel, and the hotel is simply old. The rooms are dark with low-wattage bulbs. The internet has been spotty on all three of my trips. This time, I had a large hole in the ceiling over the shower. The location is convenient, but because the hotel is next to the highway, the rooms tend to be noisy.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank packingstar

Hello packingstar,
Thank you for taking the time to share your story. We value all feeback and we appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your last visit here. Our job is to make sure that you leave satisfied and I am disappointed to hear that we did not do that. We do take all comments seriously and we will definetly look into your complaints. We hope that you will give us another chance when you return to Houston.
Best Regards,

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The hotel is aged and adequate for the price. Unfortunately I like to be thrilled by a hotel and not just satisfied. The rook was ok. The bed was suitable for a single night stay but would suggest spending a few dollars more elsewhere. The parking garage was so cramped you will be challenged to maneuver the structure with anything more than a mid size car. The breakfast buffet was actually a nice surprise at a reasonable price.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul B
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Hello Paul B,
Thank you for you review. We appreciate you taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay. We have a great property and an excellent staff and I am sorry that we did we meet your expectations. I was disappointed to read some of your comments. We are an older property but we are constantly updating our hotel and we strive to be the best when it comes to service. I am happy to hear that you loved our breakfast buffet and that it is a great value. I hope that the next time you travel to Houston you will try us again.
Take Care,