All reviews southwest freeway front desk staff recommend this hotel inns housekeeping carpet
Reviewed November 9, 2017

the hotel is in good location at beltway and southwest Houston. it is packed on weekends and the employees are excellent. the rooms were clean and in nice condition as most Holiday Inn are. . the inn is well maintained

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

Holiday Inn is usually my go to. Because of the massive flooding caused by hurricane Harvey I think they are doing a fine job. So I won't criticize the effort. I can say that the front office staff is a bit less than the normal professionals I expect. The bar/restaurant gives me a sour stomach every time I attempt to patronize it. Hopefully the recent events are the reason I'm disappointed. Keep trying! I know you will recover!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston SW - Sugar Land Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Hello Mikeystravelsabroad,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Houston Sugar Land Area TX and leaving your honest feedback.

I am sorry to read that your stay was not exceptional because of some issues, particularly with the level of service received and dining experience. I am sorry for the letdown. I have shared that issues you have raised with hotel management for future improvements.

I know that this stay may not have been the best but I am hopeful for another opportunity to welcome you back for an improved experience.

Many thanks,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 7, 2017

We ended up stranded at this hotel due to hurricane Harvey and the negligence of the hotel staff. Flood waters came up suddenly overnight while we were sleeping and the hotel only alerted guests on the first floor. We woke to a very flooded hotel and stranded due to water in the parking lot and our car. Hotel staff and owner gave us very little to eat and drink and refused to get any food from the restaurant to feed guests. The hotel then refused my negative review and asked me to change it and resubmit. Very unconcerned and uncaring!

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ambera309
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston SW - Sugar Land Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2017

Hi ambera309,

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by the accommodations and overall service level provided during your stay. The inconvenience these and the condition of our property during the Hurricane caused are not the memories we'd like guests to remember. While we also understand your disappointment towards the limited food provided, please know that we genuinely care about each of our guests and the team tried to cater to each and everyone. Nonetheless, your thoughts are important and shared with the management so similar situations may be handled in the best possible way.

Thanks again for bringing these to attention. Do know that I've reached out to you privately to obtain more information.

Kind Regards,

Jillian I
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed August 9, 2017

I booked a room at this Holiday Inn through Expedia.com hours before arriving at the hotel late one Saturday night. Upon arrival at the hotel, I noticed the male attendant arguing with another patron; never a good sign. Thereafter, he got into an argument with the patron immediately in front of me as well. Once again, never a good sign.

When it came my turn to check-in, I advised the male attendant of my Expedia.com booking. The male attendant advised me that my reservation was not in the system, however, I could rebook the reservation IF I paid the hotel in cash only.

Flabbergasted, I promptly contacted Expedia.com to determine what was going on. Expedia.com's customer representative advised me that my credit card was charged by Expedia.com. After subtracting their portion of the reservation fee, the remaining balance was forwarded to the hotel. As a result, Expedia.com showed a room booked under my name on their system and in Holiday Inn's system. I advised the male attendant of this and asked him if he was being honest with me about the lack of a reservation in the system. Thereafter, the male attendant became belligerent and accused me of accusing him of lying. He then advised me that he could refuse my service as the owner of the business. He once again told me that the reservation was not in the system, but could be booked with him in cash only.

BUYER BEWARE! Although I have no evidence of this, I assume that this hotel likes to make extra money through the shady underhanded practices I described herein.

Furthermore, as a word of advice to the management of this establishment, you should train your staff to treat your customers with decency and respect, or in the alternative, fire such staff members that are belligerent with customers. As customers, we have the ability to choose where we spend our money. If you do not treat your customers with curtesy and respect, there are numerous hotels in the surrounding area that will gladly take the business. Inevitably this will either hurt your bottom line or cause you to go out of business. Something I assume management would not want.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Kareem R
Joelhey B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Houston SW - Sugar Land Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

Dear Mr Kareem,

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences.
Your reservation was just created prior to your arrival therefore the front desk was unable to find your name when you check-in. To expedite the process, front desk offered to have you booked at the hotel and pay the hotel directly, but it doesn't necessarily means to pay by cash only. The hotel policy requires a debit or a credit card at check-in, we don't collect cash at check-in because we have to hold an incidental deposit as well, so it is very unlikely for us to offer cash payment only. It is stated on the registration card we asked you to sign at check-in.
We certainly appreciate the suggestion and comments of all our guests and spoke with the staff involved for coaching as he could have explained and handled the situation better.
Again, our sincere apology for the inconveniences and please know that we would want you to stay with us again to let you know that this is an exception.

Joelhey B.
Director of Guest Services

Reviewed July 10, 2017

...so when you come in from the heat you expect your room to be nice and cool. Our room did not get cool. I was sweating in my sleep and I'm cold natured. Our room was on the 3rd floor and our travel companion was on the first floor. She said her room was freezing. So, I guess it depends on where you are. Also, our showers water pressure was very low.

The hotel appears to have been recently renovated. Staff at the front desk were very nice and offered us water when they learned of how far we'd traveled. It was most appreciated. The hotel is in great proximity of the interstate, all types of restaurants, and shopping.

Room Tip: No free breakfast. No refrigerator in room. No microwave in room. Hotel is also very busy.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Joelhey B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Houston SW - Sugar Land Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Dear Ms. EvetteD,

We appreciate your compliments about the staff and the hotel in general.
We apologize for the inconveniences about the air conditioning in your room.
Thank you for bringing it to our attention so no other guest will be affected.
We hope to welcome you back soon!

Joelhey B.