One of the best hotel experiences we have had in years, and we travel a LOT. Personalized attention to detail, a happy caring staff, nice grounds, and beautiful rooms made the weekend very memorable. We stayed on the Concierge Level June 1-3, 2012, where Brian took good care of us, nice open bar for drinks and after dinner drinks, desserts, h'ordeuvres, and a healthy breakfast. The reception staff, bell staff, houskeeping, everybody - everywhere in this hotel - is well trained, professional, and nice. They obviously like working here and it shows. The rooms are not huge, and the bathrooms are a bit small, but they are tasteful, modern yet not cold, and extremely comfortable. The bedding is marvelous.
The fitness center is huge and the outdoor swimming (lap) pool is fabulous, clean filtered water and plenty of lap lanes.
The Trellis Spa, run by Debbie the spa manager, is one of the nicest most caring and gentle place I've been in years. Good massages from Richard and Shawnee, excellent manicures and pedicures from Jill, a lovely steam room and plenty of relaxation nooks and crannies when you feel like a wet noodle. The only thing missing from the Spa is a Sauna, which is located in the adjacent Fitness Center, but it's mighty hot in Houston so it is really not essential.
The grounds of the hotel and all around this 18 acre oasis are wonderful for walking and jogging.
Not having spent much time in Houston before, and hearing the history of the place, I sort of expected it to be a bit high-brow and perhaps snooty but it was not like that at all. The Houstonian is one of the most friendly down to earth places every. Go ! Stay on the Concierge Level ! Enjoy the amenities, especially the Spa. You won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of Houston’s historic gems, this property is known for its grace, comfort and unparalleled guest experience. Located in the heart of Houston, The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa is a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star, 18-acre retreat that defines authentic Texas luxury. The floor-to-ceiling wooded views envelop guests in a natural environment while offering the modern amenities and luxuries of home. Local areas of interest such as Downtown Houston, Memorial Park and The Galleria are just minutes away, offering guests the opportunity to escape into the city – not from it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Preferred Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Houstonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Houstonian Hotel Houston
- Houstonian Hotel Houston
- Houstonian Resort Houston