See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

I never once felt in danger or anything while staying here. We've been coming to Houston for a long time for cancer treatment at MD Anderson, and our (and many other patients) usual "go to" hotel sold out and went downhill bad. Talk about unsafe, people were blatantly selling drugs all night out of the room next to us, and the rooms were gross! We looked for several days online and decided to roll the dice and try this one...we were pleasantly surprised. No it's not a five star hotel, but it's very clean and quiet, and very affordable rates. I pray it's not just a fluke, and that this becomes our new "go to" motel. We also had a fridge, stove, microwave, coffee pot, and continental breakfast. Very comfortable. The parking lot is different from others, but we thought it was fine, we never had any problems, and were always able to park just a few feet from our room. It's an older motel but looks to have been remodeled. Yes, the couch in the office is peeling some, but it's immaculate, we weren't bothered by it, we're not sitting on it. The only thing that bothered us was that the vanity in the bathroom is tiny, so there's no place to put your stuff. We'll probably bring a little tv tray or something with us next trip. Please God let this place remain good so that we can count on it when we come to Houston! Thanks Rodeway Inn!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2017 via mobile

My brother needed somewhere to stay while he received treatment at the MD Anderson Center. The OWNER was horribly rude to, not only me but, my brother. He told me "to STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE", when I was dissatisfied. It was also very DIRTY and smelt TERRIBLE. You think with a RUN DOWN HOTEL, they would have better sevice. I don't see this place being open much longer.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2017

This place was awful. Filthy couch. Vents hanging down-broken. Stained walls. Owner/driver did not even say hello or open van doors at pick up. No utensils in kitchen. Outdated. They don not care. Charged almost $100 for nothing. DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE. depressing.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed March 27, 2017

I booked my reservation online the pictures do not show the entire property it is very unsafe to stay over night when you are coming from a different city. I asked for a refund because i didnt feel safe to stay there. the manger told the front desk person not to call him up to the front desk for this mess again. He has a 24hour cancelation how can you have that type of clause if you are booking online. once i entered the premisses i wasnt there a good 15 minutes i couldnt take it. it was a small lobby area. his whole family lived on the property, no exaggeration.

Room Tip: i loved the marriot i chose to stay there instead. its on main street
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 5, 2016 via mobile

The first problem was leaky pipes in the walls. Every time I ran the kitchen faucet water ran under the floor boards. Also when the man upstairs took a shower or used his sink. Place was unbelievably filthy and moldy. The sofa was probably 20 years or more, not leather, very filthy and infested. We discovered bed bugs in a couple of days. None of the staff spoke English. We could not get towels or blankets because they couldn't understand us. The 2 young night managers were useless and incredibly stupid. The couple that live there an older, rude Asian Indian couple who know nothing about running a hotel. They operate it by Indian standards not American and had very unhappy guests. One of the women there when we were there got locked out on the night we left and the night manager wouldn't open the door to reset her key which had quit working. There were large cockroaches both mornings in the tub. There were burn marks on the plug in the bathroom which made me afraid to dry my hair. The only good thing About the place was good cable channels. The day manager was so rude that 10 minutes after we got there my daughter started crying because he scared her. Unsafe flooring buckling everywhere because of the water I'm sure. No place to turn around. Parking lot did not have a spot for every room and no place to park on the street or room to turn around.No safety strips on the tub or any kind of safety feature. Breakfast foods were old and stale, totally inedible and the stupid manager all but cussed us out for complaining.housekeeping didn't change our sheets till we found the bedbugs. The manager claims no one told him about the bedbugs. My husband got an infection from 2 bites that wouldn't heal and we are going to sue to get his medical bills paid. I believe he has to know about the problem because so many guests on here complained about them. When we told the manager he accused us of lying. We had to throw away everything we brought with us to avoid bringing them home.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
LEENA P, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2016

Dear

It has been brought to my attention that you stayed with us for 33 days in the same room and only mentioned the problems when asked to checkout due to non payment of room after repeatedly declined credit card charges. Also you only come to pay for room after midnight when room keys would not work, room rate is due at 11 am.

Sunny Patel