“Worth Staying at if you need to be near IAH”

Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East
Ranked #23 of 37 Hotels in Humble
Reviewed 15 February 2015

I booked this hotel as I had an early flight out of IAH the next day. I got the airport shuttle to collect me once I'd dropped my hire car off and was collected by Aaron. Aaron was great, chatty and happy to give advice about what time to leave for my early flight.

Once I arrived, I was checked in by Jackie at reception, who had a vague British accent. She too was lovely. Checked in quickly and taxi booked for the next morning. She said that I'd be missing breakfast, but if I wanted coffee or fruit to ask when I was checking out and the receptionist on duty would sort me out.

The room itself was a little dated but very clean and fine for an airport hotel. There weren't any damages or anything, just a little older. It was suite style, not too big but a decent size. The bed was comfortable enough and the aircon wasn't too loud.

All in, if I ever need to stay near IAH again, I'd happily stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Margarita G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East

Reviewed 8 February 2015

I decided to stay at this hotel overnight since I had an early flight in the am. This is a convenient location to the airport and a hotel that I found to be much better for my needs that the other south of the airport. They have an evening happy hour with free beer and popcorn. The only inconvenient thing about the hotel was that when I wanted to get some computer work done I had to unplug the lamp on the desk to plug in my computer. The other plug went to the tv...

Room Tip: The staff was excellent and very friendly. Ask for a room to the back of the hotel away from the ma...
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Service is our priority, and so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 27 January 2015

My wife and I were on a flight back home when the flight attendant announced that the plane was over weight and requested 9 of us to unload and take another flight tomorrow. We are not in any hurry so off we went on another adventure. The airline put us up for the night and we were to go to this Holiday Inn. The local shuttle that was to pick us up never came so after waiting 30 minutes we called the hotel and Crystal answered the phone and said she would send the hotels personal shuttle and the driver Arron would be about 10 minutes. He showed up right on time and was a gem of a person. He took us to the hotel and Crystal checked us in and made us feel right at home. We needed a cocktail by now so Crystal had Arron take us to the store at no charge, for supplies. Our flight did not leave until 6PM the next day so Crystal gave us an extended check out at 2PM so we did not have to sit at the airport all day. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel and the staff. Thank You again.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank west77
Reviewed 11 January 2015

The owner is a not so good fix it man. Any upkeep looks like it was done by a rookie with notice in his work. Having said that the room was spotless. We were picked up at the airport with their shuttle driven by Aaron and he is a great asset to the hotel. He offered to drive us out for dinner and pick us up later. This offer blew us away. Crystal at the front desk was warm and welcoming and couldn't do enough for us.
The bed was comfortable and the room quiet and very spacious with a separate sleeping area. We were very comfortable. My suggestion is overlook the physical conditional of the building and keep in mind you will get a clean comfortable room and have the nicest people to speak with.

Room Tip: Top floor at the end of the hall
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PAMELA B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2015

Dear Pamela B,

We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your recent stay at our hotel. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to read that you were satisfied with the level of services received and found the rooms well to your liking. However, it is regrettable if the physical condition of the property did not live up to your standards. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us as it allows us to monitor the quality and services we offer.

Again, thank you for your feedback and suggestions. We hope we get the opportunity to show you some of the improvements on your next trip.

Divina P.

Reviewed 9 January 2015

I stayed at this location while waiting for an early morning flight out of Houston in January 2015. I've stayed at many IHG (Holiday Inn chain) hotels over the past few years and this one ranks near the bottom. The room we had was very outdated with old flooring, older furniture and bathroom fixtures that were literally falling apart.
There are better choices near Houston Intercontinental Airport to stay at. I wouldn't recommend this property.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2015

Dear CanadianDon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. We always strive to provide great service to all of our guests. However, it seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience due to the condition of the rooms which did not live up to your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any discomfort it may have caused you. This feedback will be shared to the hotel management that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' expectations are met and will be a basis for future upgrade.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope we get the opportunity to show you some of our improvements on your next trip.

Divina P.

Reviewed 2 January 2015

I was hesitant to book this location because of its' proximity to the airport. But I was pleasantly surprised by the quietness and the quality of the bed. The bed was a very high quality memory foam type. The front desk staff was also very hospitable and courteous. I will be staying here in the future.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank joesmithChicago

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comment, we do really appreciate it, our staff takes great pride, in giving you a great stay, and customer service. Hope to host you next time in your next visit.

Reviewed 6 December 2014

This hotel had its better days. Staff of the restaurant was friendly with the right customer focus but staff at the desk was not very customer oriented. Room old , stuff broken and lose in the room and the bathroom.One of the elevators was out for the whole week.
Compared with the other times I stayed at a Holiday INN this was my worst experience. The location is good but there is a lot of accomodation in that area. Next time I try something diffrent.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stefaan V
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2014

Dear Stefaan V,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you found our staff friendly and location good. On the hand hand, I am sorry for any inconvenience the condition of our property may have caused. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.