“Worst staff ruined the Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East
Ranked #23 of 37 Hotels in Humble
Reviewed 20 March 2015

Flight was delayed two hours more than expected. Hotel was reserved in advance via IHG official website. Arrived to Houston – Terminal C, used the hotels advertising booth to call to hotel for picking up service. A MPV and a friendly driver came to pick us up within ten minutes times. Arrived to hotel around 23:15hrs. Met a male receptionist, OSCAR, check-in smoothly and went to our room. As late arrival and catch early flight need to back to airport at 05:30hrs so no dining outside and just bought some snacks as late supper at Hotel kiosk. A mini-cup of noodle at USD3.00 and a chocolate cookie cake with ice-cream of USD3.00.

Checked with OSCAR early shuttle bus will depart from hotel in half hour service basis so booked at 05:30hrs. OSCAR said he will simply prepared two breakfast bags for us to bring to airport, his words is much appreciated and helpful for us.

We went down to lobby to meet OSCAR; he said the shuttle bus was driven away. Watched the CCTV screen, there was a time was marked there, it was 05:29:xxhrs. It was really not our fault, how he order the driver drove away the shuttle??? Then he called the driver back. In the meantime, a local female guest walk-in to hotel for room, USD169.99 was quoted and accepted. I am waiting at lobby till he completion his job as I want to get my two breakfast bags to airport prior our departure. Approached, OSCAR to get the bags, told that he was busy not and the bags had not been prepared. Tried went to dining area, the coffee / tea pots (total 4) were empty so back to lobby and the driver was came then we left.

It should not be happened at IHG group hotel !! It was word of promise to customers from staff. His firstly kindness ruin the reputation of IHG Hotel. We arrived from 23:15hrs till 05:30hrs, there was enough time for prepared those if HE really to keep his words to customers. Just a cup of coffee / tea bag with hot water or can of orange juice, boiled eggs, two cups of yogurt from lobby fridge, apple/banana or muffin, it was highly remarkable but he DID NOT. USD170 for him was much importance than us, he might got commission or award for the additional booking granted to hotel.

Back to hotel facilities, room is clean and tidy. Room with microwave and fridge set up but no culinary there. No shaver, no tooth brush/paste, slippers were provided. Business center is well equipped with two computers and printer there, next to hallway reception area. Internet connection is in order.

Super 8 Inn & Baymount Suite are nearby, lot of choice in that area. Stayed at Baymount inn before 2013, outside dining selection is better and convenience than this property. Please really think about the price and service for selection in future!!!

Room Tip: No breakfast was provided before 06:00hrs and avoid early flight as stomach was empty prior on plane
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2015

Dear Winfield T,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. We are pleased you liked your room accommodation. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

We are sorry for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and regret you found the level of service you received from one of our staff less than satisfactory. Rest assured, your thoughts will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East

Reviewed 2 March 2015 via mobile

The staff were friendly, quick to help, and almost make up for the poor accommodations. Shuttle was quick and convenient. Room is VERY outdated and though not outright dirty just felt a little gross. Invest in your hotel and you have a winner!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2015

Dear potterjessica,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a valuable feedback. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind words intended for the staff. This encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. On the other hand, I am sorry that the room did not live up to your expectations. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We would welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Karen G.

Reviewed 15 February 2015

I booked this hotel as I had an early flight out of IAH the next day. I got the airport shuttle to collect me once I'd dropped my hire car off and was collected by Aaron. Aaron was great, chatty and happy to give advice about what time to leave for my early flight.

Once I arrived, I was checked in by Jackie at reception, who had a vague British accent. She too was lovely. Checked in quickly and taxi booked for the next morning. She said that I'd be missing breakfast, but if I wanted coffee or fruit to ask when I was checking out and the receptionist on duty would sort me out.

The room itself was a little dated but very clean and fine for an airport hotel. There weren't any damages or anything, just a little older. It was suite style, not too big but a decent size. The bed was comfortable enough and the aircon wasn't too loud.

All in, if I ever need to stay near IAH again, I'd happily stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Margarita G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016

Reviewed 8 February 2015

I decided to stay at this hotel overnight since I had an early flight in the am. This is a convenient location to the airport and a hotel that I found to be much better for my needs that the other south of the airport. They have an evening happy hour with free beer and popcorn. The only inconvenient thing about the hotel was that when I wanted to get some computer work done I had to unplug the lamp on the desk to plug in my computer. The other plug went to the tv...

Room Tip: The staff was excellent and very friendly. Ask for a room to the back of the hotel away from the ma...
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Service is our priority, and so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 27 January 2015

My wife and I were on a flight back home when the flight attendant announced that the plane was over weight and requested 9 of us to unload and take another flight tomorrow. We are not in any hurry so off we went on another adventure. The airline put us up for the night and we were to go to this Holiday Inn. The local shuttle that was to pick us up never came so after waiting 30 minutes we called the hotel and Crystal answered the phone and said she would send the hotels personal shuttle and the driver Arron would be about 10 minutes. He showed up right on time and was a gem of a person. He took us to the hotel and Crystal checked us in and made us feel right at home. We needed a cocktail by now so Crystal had Arron take us to the store at no charge, for supplies. Our flight did not leave until 6PM the next day so Crystal gave us an extended check out at 2PM so we did not have to sit at the airport all day. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel and the staff. Thank You again.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank west77
Reviewed 11 January 2015

The owner is a not so good fix it man. Any upkeep looks like it was done by a rookie with notice in his work. Having said that the room was spotless. We were picked up at the airport with their shuttle driven by Aaron and he is a great asset to the hotel. He offered to drive us out for dinner and pick us up later. This offer blew us away. Crystal at the front desk was warm and welcoming and couldn't do enough for us.
The bed was comfortable and the room quiet and very spacious with a separate sleeping area. We were very comfortable. My suggestion is overlook the physical conditional of the building and keep in mind you will get a clean comfortable room and have the nicest people to speak with.

Room Tip: Top floor at the end of the hall
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PAMELA B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2015

Dear Pamela B,

We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your recent stay at our hotel. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to read that you were satisfied with the level of services received and found the rooms well to your liking. However, it is regrettable if the physical condition of the property did not live up to your standards. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us as it allows us to monitor the quality and services we offer.

Again, thank you for your feedback and suggestions. We hope we get the opportunity to show you some of the improvements on your next trip.

Divina P.

Reviewed 9 January 2015

I stayed at this location while waiting for an early morning flight out of Houston in January 2015. I've stayed at many IHG (Holiday Inn chain) hotels over the past few years and this one ranks near the bottom. The room we had was very outdated with old flooring, older furniture and bathroom fixtures that were literally falling apart.
There are better choices near Houston Intercontinental Airport to stay at. I wouldn't recommend this property.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2015

Dear CanadianDon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. We always strive to provide great service to all of our guests. However, it seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience due to the condition of the rooms which did not live up to your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any discomfort it may have caused you. This feedback will be shared to the hotel management that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' expectations are met and will be a basis for future upgrade.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope we get the opportunity to show you some of our improvements on your next trip.

Divina P.