All reviews rooms are nice no elevator place to stay large room staff was friendly houston microwave linens internet
Reviewed June 2, 2016 via mobile

I would not recommend this place for someone wanting to go on vacation or relax. If you are just looking for a place to get some rest on your way to your actual destination then this place is perfect! It was pet friendly (although one of the receptionist is terrified of dogs) and the beds were surprisingly bigger than expected. They were hard as a rock but it wasn't bad for the deal we got. I felt safe and like everything was clean and that's all I was really looking for.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2016 via mobile

We waited too long to secure a room in College Station during the busy A&M graduation time, so we looked in Huntsville and decided to take a chance on an economically priced room at The Red Roof Plus, as it had been recently renovated. The property was about half the cost of a Holiday Inn or Comfort Suite etc in the area and so we added an additional night onto our stay.

Here are the pros (in addition to great price)

Non-smoking property
Friendly staff and very pleasant and cordial manager
Large room. We had a room with two double beds. The mattresses were new and very fluffy and comfortable.
Very clean.
Large walk-in shower.
Quiet.
The room had an iron and ironing board, microwave and fridge. Rate $75
Pets stay free! We travel with our cat.
Customer service focused management

Here are the cons:

Tight parking area. A Dairy Queen is on site and the drive thru sort of crowds the entrance to the hotel. However, we came back late one night and found the parking full and immediately the manager came out and told us to take his space.

The layout of the room we were in ( 101) and it may be an "accessible" room -- was a bit odd. There is a bit too much distance (for us) from the beds to the tv to enjoy comfortable viewing from bed. Not a big deal.

No bath tub. But we were rather last minute so could have probably had a room with one if we had made reservations earlier.

No elevator. We were on first floor but only stair access to second floor.

Overall, the stay was an excellent value and I recommend the hotel.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2016

Okay place because you have a DQ next door. That is the highlight. Over priced and no breakfast. WiFi was a joke. Did I say overpriced!! The rooms have been updated but like putting lipstick on a pig.

Room Tip: no elevator
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I are visiting from New York city and we can honestly say that the stay here was very pleasant. The staff is very welcoming and courtesy. The rooms are totally renovated everything is new and it's clean.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank vivian f
Reviewed November 16, 2014

I'm going to preface this review by pointing out that Huntsville is the armpit of America and EVERY hotel is ridiculously overpriced there (I saw a Holiday Inn with rates STARTING at $250). That said, the hotel was rundown, had a few questionable looking guys who weren't staying there but were hanging out in the hallways visiting girls who were, was dirty, had a bed older than me (with blankets from the 50s), adequate wi-fi and in the middle of the night water started pouring out of the vent in the bathroom ceiling (luckily it was right above the toilet so there wasn't a flood). All this for the low, low rate of $80.

Seriously, I've stayed in $35 motels that were in better shape (and I was less worried about the safety of my car in the parking lot). You really don't have much choice there.....the Motel 6 is "only" $60, but looked more shady, and the Super 8 next door has a bunch of terrible reviews, and they start at $93. It's a crap area, so I'd recommend finding another town to stay in if at all possible. If not, get ready to pay big bucks for what you get at half the price everywhere else in America.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business