All reviews rooms are nice no elevator place to stay large room staff was friendly houston microwave linens internet
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

I must start off by saying Tanya at the front desk was amazing from my first step in the door!! Secondly the rooms were amazingly clean and very fresh!!! Lastly the hotel wash just so cozy coffee all day snacks for sale very impressive!!! Price is very affordable!!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
RRPlusHuntsville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Plus Huntsville, TX for your recent recent stay, and for taking the time to leave us a review! Guest feedback like yours helps us continue to make our guest experience an enjoyable one.

We are very happy to hear your kind words regarding Tanya's service and all that we were able to provide for you to make your experience a memorable one! Cleanliness, comfort, and the satisfaction of our guests is our top priority here at the Red Roof Plus Huntsville. We provide the best affordable rate in town, according to the quality of the services we provide and all that we have to offer for all of our guests. It makes us beyond happy to know that you were quite impressed with your overall experience with us!

From the entire Red Roof Plus Huntsville team, thank you! We hope to have the opportunity of serving you again, in the near future! Please call our hotel directly to get the best available rate next time your travel plans require lodging in Huntsville, TX! Come back soon!

Reviewed September 8, 2018

The hotel is fabulous it's nice and clean the rooms are clean they have a nice pool there's local little restaurants in the area and someone is always available they have coffee in the mornings at throughout the day they keep the front lobby nice and clean the Halls are nice and clean , I would stay there again I would definitely recommend it to anybody everyone there is very friendly

Room Tip: I have no complaints about the room everything was perfect
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

From the entire Red Roof Plus Huntsville team, we would like to thank you for your kind review! Feedback like yours helps us strive to do better, and exceeding our guest's expectations.

The satisfaction of our customers, cleanliness, and providing the comforts of home is our top priority, and we do our best to make each and every guest experience a memorable one. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything we have to offer here at the Red Roof Plus, Huntsville, TX!

Again, thank you from all of us for your kind and positive feedback! We hope to see you again next time your travel plans bring you back in town!

Reviewed August 27, 2018

My wife and I made a reservation for Aug 24th on Hotelsdotcom. We made the reservation for a king bed suite, guaranteed first floor about 4 days prior, paying in advance. When we got to the hotel about 9PM, the desk clerk informed us the hotel had been "overbooked" and the only room available had 2 double beds, and it was on the 2nd floor. I had wondered why the hotel was advertising "guaranteed first floor" and soon found out. There is no elevator and the stairs are narrow and steep. The desk clerk claimed he had tried to contact us but no one answered the phone. He had no explanation when we showed him no missed calls on the cell phone. He politely refused to compensate us in any way, and didn't offer to help us get our luggage upstairs (I am 71). He appeared to be following instructions that had been given to him. We called hotelsdotcom to complain, they called Red Roof on our behalf but got nowhere. Hotelsdotcom offered to move us to another hotel, but it was after 10PM by this time, so they sent us a coupon for $25 off a future reservation, a nice gesture.

On the positive side, the rooms were clean, the bathroom was updated, and the paint was fresh. It was fairly quiet, however this was partly due to the old-style through the wall air conditioner that made it hard to hear anything over the noise it made.

On the negative side, besides the reservation policy and the stairway, there is no breakfast available. It is very close to a Dairy Queen (too close actually) and the smell of fried food is pervasive.

Overall I think there are better options in Huntsville.

Room Tip: avoid 2nd floor (no elevator). Get there early since no assurance they will hold your room even if you prepay for it.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us at the Red Roof Plus in Huntsville,TX. Feedback like yours is very important to us, as we are always finding ways to improve and make our guests happy. In rare cases like your experience, however, will my team forget that the satisfaction of our guests is our top priority.

Please accept my most sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you had experienced throughout your stay. I want you to know that we appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention, as issues like yours are unacceptable. To prevent issues like these from happening again in the future, we have been taking the appropriate measures.

As a new manager of this Inn, I also want you to know that valuing our guests and their satisfaction is both mine and my team's top priority, and that your concerns are our concerns. Please accept our apologies, as we would love to welcome you back for a more better experience next time.

From me and my entire team at the Red Roof Plus Huntsville, TX, we'd like to thank you again for your helpful feedback. We hope to have the opportunity of better serving you in the near future.

Reviewed July 13, 2018

I had made a reservation at this motel for one night. My boyfriend and I were coming in late from Houston and arrived at the motel around 1:30 AM and wanted to check in. It has always been my understanding that it does not matter what time you arrive at the day of check in to not be charged an extra day or have your primary reservation cancelled without any type of notification. Well, upon asking to check in I was told that the manage had told the front desk host to cancel my reservation since I had not "arrived on time." And without any notification was then being charged for the night that was "cancelled" and then for a reservation for the next day that I had never agreed to, but that the manager had set up. Needless to say that I was very upset and was not going to pay a total of close to $120.00 for this error. The front desk host, Wesley, however, was deeply sorry for the circumstances and did his best to fix the issue. By the this time it was already 2:20AM and both my boyfriend and I were exhausted. Wesley did promise to fix the problem and would notify us of the outcome. This was the only positive I could actually see in this stay.

Upon getting up to the room, it was not what we expected. There was dust on the floor on the side of the beds, the pillowcases were not clean and looked like they had not been changed from the previous stay. In addition, the shower had hair on the tile, the shower curtain was moldy and the bath towels were dingy.

So, after all of this I do not plan on staying here again, nor would I recommend any of my friends or family to either. Nevertheless, the issue on the rate was resolved and I greatly appreciate the effort that Wesley took to fix the matter.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
RRPlusHuntsville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2018

Thank you for taking out the time to share your recent experience with us at the Red Roof Plus in Huntsville,TX. Feedback like yours helps us strive to do and become better, as each and every guest is important to us. In rare cases like your experience, however, will my team forget that the satisfaction of our guests is our top priority. Please accept my most sincerest apologies for the inconveniences in which you have experienced throughout your stay- with the rate issue and cleanliness of the room, to be more specific. I want you to know that I appreciate you for bringing your experience to my attention, as issues like yours are unacceptable. To prevent this from happening again with any future guest, I have addressed all of the issues and concerns that have occurred during your stay with my entire team and we are currently working on improving our services from here onward. I would also like to mention to you that the owners and operators have changed since your recent visit with us, and we are currently making some noticeable changes throughout the property for the next several months. We hope that you would come visit us again in the near future to enjoy all of the new changes and improvements we are making here. As a new manager of this Inn, I also want you to know that valuing our guests and their satisfaction is both mine and my team's top priority, and that your concerns are our concerns. As our most sincerest apology, we would like to welcome you back for a more better experience next time. Again, thank you for sharing your concerns and experience with us at the Red Roof Plus Huntsville, TX. We hope to have the opportunity of better serving you in the near future.

Reviewed June 25, 2018

My wife and I stayed here to shorten our drive to an early funeral of a family friend nearby. The property is located just off of I-45 in Huntsville, next to a Dairy Queen eatery (and I mean NEXT TO!). When driving up to it, the exterior looked a little questionable, and of low end construction. Upon entering, we were pleasantly surprised to find the rooms both spacious and nicely upgraded. The décor definitely was on par with man nicer 2-3 star properties we have stayed in, and we found the bed comfortable and the room to be very clean.

With Red Roof, you do not get many extras (complimentary coffee was more than I expected), but we found our stay pleasant, the room quite, and check in / check out very efficient. The value for what we paid was good. We would recommend this property to value oriented travelers who are looking for a reasonable price on a nicely upgraded motel. Don't be deterred by the somewhat rough exterior!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side from I-45 (west side of the building).
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank James T
Jen G, Owner at Red Roof PLUS+ Huntsville, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2018

Wow. Thank you so much for this thoughtful and elaborate review, we appreciate all feedback especially great ones like yours! We hope to see you again soon!