“Average low”
Review of 1836 Steakhouse

1836 Steakhouse
Ranked #6 of 127 Restaurants in Huntsville
Price range: US$9 - US$30
Description: 1836 Steakhouse and Grill is located in an 1870's Italianate Villa-style home in the historic city of Huntsville. Served daily are USDA Choice and Prime steaks, seafood, and pasta. Wednesday night is prime rib night. Lunch menu features 10 entrees under $10.
Reviewed August 17, 2018

The service was OK but when we asked for the check the waitress brought the check from an other table (2 tables was occupied in the room included our table). I sent by mail the survey attached at the check and explain the situation, never received any answer.
The food was OK but the prices are too high, the atmosphere was good.
That's no the place where I enjoy to come back.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank coastalrm47

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed our dinner here when we unexpectedly had a few hours to spend in town. The gouda chorizo fondue was fun for a starter. The server was very friendly. Steaks were perfectly grilled. The atmosphere is historic old Texas so casual or good for an event, whichever you prefer. The wine list was deep and a really nice surprise as well. We then came back on a Sunday for an early dinner break on a drive between Houston and Dallas. Waiter accomodated us with a faster service; Very happy both times.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

Great food and great service everytime we've been here. Not a wine person but they seem to have a great wine list, a lot of options anyway. Nice, full bar.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed May 6, 2018

Went twice in 2 weeks. Once because my niece wanted steak and the second time because my husband was jealous we went without him. The first time was pretty good. My niece and I each got the filet. Perfectly cooked and tender. The arugula salad that was the Chefs special was tiny! It was tasty however. The young waitress was very sweet and took good care of us. Now for the second time. We arrived on time for out reservation at 6:30. Getting seated was difficult. Many people standing in the doorway. The hostess looked overwhelmed. She took some people upstairs and didn’t return for 5 minutes. She was quite stressed out. They surely need more help. She was putting together menus, cleaning off tables and literally running her butt off! We ordered our dinner. Good waitress by the way. Got our soups. We asked for bread. She said it was still in the oven. Them salads came, still no bread. When dinner came we asked again about the bread and she admittted it was still proofing ( at 7 pm! ) She said it was because of the humidity. Really? That’s never been a problem when I bake rolls..........indooors, Anyway, she offered us some crostini instead. OK. Then they had the nerve to charge us for it! My husband’s steak was good. Since I just had steak, I ordered the red snapper. It was so terribly overlooked! Tough and dry. The waitress basicallly said, oh well! Never order fish in a steak house! Too bad, I really want to like this place. The problem is the charge you like a quality restaurant in Houston, but they don’t meet the standards. The chef needs instructions on how to run the kitchen.

Date of visit: May 2018
2  Thank SueBee4533
Reviewed April 24, 2018

This place is a treat. If you enjoy a great meal and good company, this is the place to be on a great fun filed evening. Would recommend this to anyone.

Date of visit: April 2018