“Waffles and chicken”
Review of Slim Chickens

Slim Chickens
Ranked #20 of 150 Restaurants in Hurst
Price range: US$6 - US$9
Description: The Slim Chickens menu offers fresh cooked to order chicken tenders, wings, 17 different house sauces to try, a signature Cayenne Ranch chicken sandwich and fresh salads, authentic sides, iced teas (sweet, unsweet, raspberry, peach) and lemonade. It only takes a few minutes to get a fresh, hot meal.
Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

This was my first visit. This place very close to Cane's, huge amount of sauces here. My son told me to come on Wednesday night where they had a special on waffles and chicken. It did not sound good to me , but I had to try it. I liked it , but it will not be one of my favorites. The waffles was very good. The chicken was excellent. They were good together. I tried a Ghirardelli cookie. It cost $2.29 and was overhyped period I was looking for some nuts in there but there were none. The cookie was disappointing for me. You never know until you try. I'll be back to get chicken without the waffles and it tabs for just the waffles without the chicken. Having said that I can see how this can be a favorite for many people. In addition to there are a lot of more teas, such as peach and raspberry flavored, available here. The lemonade is very mediocre. Cane's is much better.

Kaylee D, Guest Relations Manager at Slim Chickens, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2017

Hi Marvin, Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your first visit to Slim Chickens. We are still perfecting our lemonade recipe, we hope it turns out how you like it!

Reviewed March 23, 2017 via mobile

The service was slow. The portions were small and the super hot was mild at best. In my opinion it did not compare to Canes or Golden Chick.

Kaylee D, Guest Relations Manager at Slim Chickens, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2017

David, We are sorry you did not have a terrific experience and will work with our Hurst location to address your concerns about portion size, and speed of service. Thank you for taking the time to review your visit so we can work on making it better for you if you decide to visit again in the future.

Reviewed January 4, 2017

Chicken is just ok. A little expensive and not as good as Chicken Express. Side were just Average also.

Kaylee D, Customer Service at Slim Chickens, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2017

Thanks for the feedback. If you are looking for something more unique, try getting your tenders shaken in one our of signature wing sauces!

Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

The food was good but I think I was expecting more. It's basically a chicken strip place with a bunch of sauces. A step up for chick fil a and Cane's but unless you had a hankering for chicken and waffles - you would find everything else here at all the other chicken places.

Nice staff the day we went- so that's a plus.

Thanks!

Reviewed November 15, 2016

In town from Houston looking to eat some wings. Saw reviews that said this place was great. $10.50 for 8 wings, Texas toast, fries and a drink a little pricey given a hot wing should go for at the most 50 cents a piece. I am not saying it was not a good meal just overpriced.

Max M, Owner at Slim Chickens, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2016

Thanks for coming in! Be sure to try all the different menu items like Chicken and waffles, wraps, salads, and jar desserts!
Best,