“Old ladies can go to sports bars”

Witten's Grill and Sports Pub
Ranked #14 of 142 Restaurants in Hurst
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Description: Established in 2012, this is the first Witten’s Grill Restaurant opened by the Witten’s Family. The idea was simple; provide a comfortable and unique place to escape from the stress of everyday life, to relax and enjoy a fun, casual bar & dining experience. Over the last few years, the food offering has become the star of the restaurant, with so many great choices and flavor experiences and popular recipes.
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Before our evening at the Artisan theater, our group goes out to eat. We had a great meal, enjoying the happy hour and the taco/nacho bar. Had to watch Juanita make her fresh tortillas!
Only negative comment--someone needs to scrub the bathroom floor!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Good place to grab lunch and have a beverage. Parking is abundant and service is excellent. Recommend the tacos

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Have heard about Whitten's Sunday Brunch for awhile now. It's a bit of a drive for us, but as we were in the area, we decided to give it a go. That was a smart move. We arrived around 9:45am (brunch is served from 9a-1p) and beat the rush. We mostly ate breakfast fare as we were there early, but the selection is awesome. There were dishes already made up, an omelette station where someone makes it to your liking, waffle bar, dessert bar, etc. That doesn't begin to touch all the "lunch" items. It is quite reasonably priced at $14.99 including drinks (soft drinks, coffe, juice, Mimosas). If you don't get enough to eat, it is your own fault.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I visited my 1st tome this week and went back the next day. I had chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and broccoli on my first visit. The food was very good. I was seated and ordered and got my food very quickly. Unfortunately for me the place was full and my drink wasn't refilled and a little late in getting the bill, but considering the business the waiter did well and he was pleasant. My next trip I had the Diablo sandwich which was excellent as I love spicy food. If you don't like so spicy they can hold the jalapenos. I had a side of waffle fries which was excellent. I had strawberry bread pudding which was very tasty, but I wanted more strawberries. They cook until 12:30 So you can eat late. They also have poker tournaments every night. The place is noisy with a large bar. I recommend it for the food, but this is not a quiet romantic place.

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

The Sunday brunch has a tremendous selection. The food trays are changed out regularly and the food is kept hot and fresh. Morning mimosas are good and included. Great time.