“Worth a visit”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2017

I was looking for a restaurant in walking distance to my hotel (HYATT Hurst) and found this gemstone. I wasn't that hungry so I had only the "Steak Bruscetta" from the Appetizer menue. But this was really good and I can really recommend it but its enough to be shared by 2 or 3 as an appetizer.
A nice selection of wines by the glass. I tried the "House Chianti" which was OK and really decent priced. I tried my first Texas wine, a Cabernet Sauvignon. This wine was also OK but I missed most of the typical Cab flavors!

Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

Big birthday for me.....60! We told our server and no offer of a birthday dessert.....that's almost a given! Really?!?!?

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

I went to this restaurant several times maybe 15 or more years ago, and I just went back for the first time. The fact that it is still here speaks volumes to me. The food and service are still very good, although the look of it is becoming dated. It just doesn't seem as nice as it did before, but It's still a good option for the area.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

Although this visit was just with my wife, I did see a few kids there and don't think I would avoid Italianni's if my 6 year old was with us. It was good for a date night, but not so over the top that it would becomes non-family friendly.

It's not very often that I order one of the more expensive ($22) dishes on the menu, but after having the Smoky Seafood Pasta I'm very happy I did. The combination of Shrimp and Crawfish tails with Andouille Sausage was amazing. The spinach and smoked gouda sauce were good, but the sweet corn added an unusual twist that rounded out the dish. I'm almost scared that I found the right dish on my first visit, that I'd be scared to try something new. My wife ordered the Fettuccine Alfredo with broccoli and although she didn't rave about it quite as much as I did mine, enjoyed it as well.

The staff was friendly from the time we entered until the time we left and took great care of us while we dined. It was also refreshing to have the waitress know which beers are on tap (including the two local rotating taps) so she gets bonus points from me. All in all a really good dining experience.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

Local restaurant one of our favorite places to celebrate any special occasion. We like their specilty dishes my favorites. Music low to converse.

Been to Italianni's? Share your experiences!