New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Hutchins

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Hutchins
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hutchins
oklahoma city
“Great hotel, personal touch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

La Quinta in general is a pretty reliable chain, but this hotel is exceptional. It's brand new, and very well done. Just south of Dallas, so it's past the traffic jams and interstate congestion. McDonald's right across the quiet street, so if you have kids, they'll love it. The lobby is tastefully decorated in a contemporary style. Rooms are spacious, with flat screens, incredibly comfortable mattresses and fluffy or firm pillows - you pick. Bathrooms with granite counters have plenty of room for guests and toiletries. Best of all is the personal touch, manager on duty 24/7, always ready to help guests with whatever they may need. We'll definitely stay here again, it's worth the extra 5-10 minutes to get clear of Dallas, tuck away with the spouse or the family and just enjoy pure comfort.

Room Tip: They're all good, even tho the hotel is right off I-45, it's a quiet location, brand new hot...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Texas City, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

My son and I stayed at this motel on 2-24-2012. We had a room with two queen beds. The following day, my head started itching and I realized I GOT HEAD LICE!!!!! Fortunately, my son did not - he slept in the other bed, so obviously, my linens were not cleaned after the previous guest checked out. Now, I have the difficult task of de-licing my hair and everything we packed! Not fun!

Room Tip: Check out the bedding for LICE before unpacking!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Keller, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

Stayed here for 3 nites in August 2011. Great room, overall. Very spacious & roomy. Great wireless internet in the room, used my laptop. I was on the 4th floor. Check in was easy and quick!

The breakfast daily was NOT what I was hoping for or expecting. The first day-when I got to the breakfast area, all the eggs and sausage were already gone. I waited about 30 minutes for them to restock the eggs and sausage. I asked the front desk when they'd restock and after I asked the lady, about 5 minutes later, they restocked the eggs..........but had pigs in blankets instead of sausage. Buscuits/gravy...waffle maker, cereal, breads/muffins, juices/coffee. The second day, they had no eggs and no sausage (as advertised on the website), but they had corn dogs and buscuits. Yes, corn dogs, for breakfast???? Didn't expect that and didn't eat that either.......I think they need to make sure the breakfast stays stocked and exactily whats on the website.

And on the last day, only sausage and buscuits.......and room was full of kids and could hardly get to the breakfast. Breakfast Room is quite small so I guess it's best to get there early in the a.m. for "hot" breakfast.

Other than that, the area is full of fast food within a block from the hotel. McDonalds, Jack in the box, whataburger and subway and dairy queen are within the block. Had to go to Jack in the Box for my breakfast a few times. Area is very quiet. I had some noisy neighbors across the hall.....kids running up and down the hall way at 12am........but had my earplugs so wasn't that bad.

Got a great deal over the weekend. Instead of paying $84 per nite, it was $67 per nite. I'd recommend this hotel overall. If you'r not a breakfast person, this is a excellent deal. I love my breakfast and was looking for consistency with the website. Nice fridge and microwave in the room. Nice decor also. Air conditioner maybe kinda loud for some but was great for me.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
javera1961, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Hutchins, responded to this review, 31 August 2011
Thank you for your review. We have shared your comments about the breakfast service with our staff. We strive to keep the breakfast bar stocked with a variety of different items to serve our guests. The corn dogs you saw are actually breakfast sausage with pancake batter and are very popular with many of our guests. So we'll make sure they are labeled better in the future.
We hope you'll choose us the next time you're in the area.
Pasadena, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2011

Service was very nice. Room was clean and comfortable. Will stay again

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2010

We stayed one night. Glad it was quiet. Nice, clean rooms, lobby, & breakfast room and free internet computer to use! Glad you get to make waffles too! Unfortunately, in my hurry looking for the room key in my full arms in the morn, I dropped the car keys down the elevator shaft! A week later I was an hour away and I was able to drive back to pick them up after the elevator inspector made his monthly trip! Beaumont Ranch ziplining is an hour east of there we went to, in case you're interested!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2010

I stayed at this Motel the week of Jan. 12, 2010. We (7 or us) were working in Dallas and I had stayed there before. On Tuesday night, someone stole a trailer attached to one of our vehicles that contained a rented Ditch Witch and a Honda Fourtrax. We asked the management to allow the Hutchins PD to review the security video to see it that would show who stole our equipment. I have been slow-played before but never like this. I have made numerous calls to the La Qunita and have received numerous excuses. The last time, I was told the video had been erased. I would sleep on the ground before I would stay there again.

On top of all that, they accussed us of stealing two decorative pillows. I suggested the viedos would show who stole these pillows. No luck. No video. Then they charged my credit card, without my permission, $600 for two pillows. When I saw the charge on my card, which I disputed, I called and the desk clerk told me the Pillows were $150 each and shipping and handling was $150 each. They wont ever see me again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank LaQunitavictim
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hutchins
12.4 km away
Hotel Balch Springs
#2 of 2 in Balch Springs
18.7 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Mesquite

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas - Hutchins? Share your experiences!