“This place is AMAZING!”

The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Ranked #7 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I travel often and this hotel is now my favorite place in the DFW area! The room was clean and very spacious. The staff was all very professional and helpful. If you get the chance, ask for a gentleman named Jay, he was very helpful!

• Stayed: December 2011
There are newer reviews for The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport

Reviewed 24 December 2011

I arrived late on Christmas Eve for a night stay and the shuttle arrived quickly as soon as I called from baggage claim. The driver was extremely courteous and my check-in experience was quick and courteous. To top it off, I received an upgrade to a suite based on my status with Starwood. I"ve stayed at many Starwood airport properties and this one is at the top of the list.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 December 2011

staying on business at this hotel often ,and each time it is a pleasure to call it home away from home

besides the confort of the westin brand, the STAFF is what makes this hotel stand alone in wonderful caring service

it is by far the most wonderful hotel in the area--keep up the good work

Reviewed 23 December 2011

A clean, convenient Westin. Starwood level was quite luxurious.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I was here on business for 3 nights and my stay was good. I rely heavily on internet for work and the connection didn't disappoint. The WestinWorkout gym is on the 15th floor and has an outdoor pool. It was obviously too cold for this time of year to go swimming, but it's an option. I had the New York strip through room service one night and it was prepared exactly as ordered. All in all it as a comforting stay. For an airport hotel it was satisfying for me; I would stay there again.

Reviewed 15 December 2011

This hotel was mediocre at best. I wouldn't stay at it ever again. We had our company Christmas party across the highway at the Sheraton property and I would stay there over this place. Staff was unfriendly, rooms were decent, and somehow they ran out of rooms with King Sized beds.

Room Tip: The best tip I could give you would be to choose a Room at the DoubleTree across the street!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jacobbroberts
WestinGM1, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2011

Thank you for you feedback. We strive to exceed the expectations of all of our guests and I apologize that we did not do so in your case. Our hotel features the Westin Heavenly Bed, the Westin Workout, and in room spa services that are all designed to refresh and renew each and every traveler. I would encourage you to allow us the opportunity to serve you again. You can contact me personally and I will see to it that your next stay exceeds all expectations. Thank you again.

Reviewed 14 December 2011

Was disappointed with this stay.

* Called them for shuttle upon arrival to DFW. Was told to go down the escalator to the courtesy van area and would be 20 minute wait max. After 30 minutes of waiting, kept calling. I was upset that it was cold and no one at the hotel said to stay inside prior to van arrival (they should do that - tell customers to stay inside when it's cold and will call upon arrival) and that the shuttle was late. Finally, I got sick and tired of waiting.... called hotel back to complain. Rep was nice enough to say to take a taxi and hotel would comp it. The taxi (for the 2 miles from DFW to hotel) was $23! Crazy high taxi prices in Dallas.
* Was upgraded into a suite due to SPG status. That was nice. However, the bed in the room was awful. Had a long day and just wanted to go to bed and the heavenly bed was disgusting. The bottom sheet was a gross polyster mix with fuzzballs on it and not the normal starched 100% cotton sheet. To top off the disgusting sheet - I found 3 hairs on the sheet THAT WEREN'T MINE! Gross. I was so disgusted that I started to sleep on the couch.
* I then decided that I shouldn't have to sleep on the couch and called the front desk for a room transfer.
* Was transferred to another room and the rep told me she'd bring me a new key to the new floor I would be on.
* After waiting an eternity and no one showing up, finally went down to front desk to get a new key.
* Was greeted by rude representative at front desk. She was like "Have you told the manager about this problem?" I was like "Um, no. I reported it to the front desk. It's your job to report these incidents to the manager. Not mine". She gave me a key, but didn't have a smile on her face or anything like that. As I was up since 4am that day and needed to get up at 4am the next day, I was in no mood to deal with the rep's attitude.
* New room was fine. It was a bigger suite. However, I forgot to bring my hotel slippers so I inadvertently walked on the hotel carpet in bare feet. Normally that would be fine, except there was this gigantic wet spot in the carpet leading to the bathroom. Gross. I can only imagine was the wet spot was from. Actually, I don't want to imagine since I stepped on it in my bare feet. :(
* Next morning was fine. The shuttle to DFW worked out well and the driver was nice. That was probably the highlight of my stay.
* Overall, would not stay here again. One bad experience would have been okay - but it was problem after problem at the hotel during a short overnight stay. Too many to handle.
* A Westin should not be riddled with so many issues. Would NOT recommend at all.

2  Thank lcnyc123

I want to apologize for the set of circumstances and inconveniences that you experienced during your last visit. I only wish that I was made aware of these while you were still a guest in the hotel. I assure you that anyone one on our management team would have made this right. We have a great deal of pride in our hotel and our service. We consistently receive high marks from our guests and I regret that you had this type of unusual experience. I sincerely hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again so that you may experience all that our hotel has to offer. We are conveniently located near Grapevine, Irving, Las Colinas and many other areas that offer excellent dining, shopping and entertainment. We also offer our own unique and outstanding food and spirits in our Blue Fire Grille restaurant and lounge.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
3.6 km away
0.6 km away
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North
1.1 km away
Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!