“Good choice if you need to be near DFW”

The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Ranked #7 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 27 February 2012

The shuttle service was prompt and quick -- about a 10-minute ride from DFW. The hotel isn't brand new or as nice as some Westins, but is perfectly nice and a good value. I was upgraded to a suite, which provided lots of space. Very clean too.

The gym is a little dated, but has everything you need.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport

Reviewed 8 February 2012

The rooms in this hotel are pretty nice. Redone about 6 years ago from the atrocious Harvey Hotel, and some updates done since then. As an SPG Platinum who stays here a few times a year (and lots more scheduled this year), I'm upgraded to a suite about 1/2 the time. However, as a business hotel, two issues grind my gears and make me pine for the Marriott around the corner. First, the internet - it's ridiculously slow, and drops the connection all the time. It's roughly faster than 56k dialup, but less reliable. Second, and more frustrating - the breakfast area is very, very small for such a large, busy hotel. There are consistent waits of ~20 minutes at 7 am on a weekday. That's unacceptable. I don't have time to wait, and there aren't any other options in the area.

Good:
- The staff is friendly
- Westin Heavenly beds
- The fitness center is great! The pool is OK, but given the area, it's the best they could do. It's on the roof - so great views, too.
- I rather like the restaurant. It's not fancy, but for the area, it's pretty good, and I've been satisfied with all my meals from there.

Bad:
- The internet. Useless! Thankfully it's included in our corporate rate - though if it weren't I'd demand my money back.
- The breakfast. See above. Ugh. Also included in corporate rate. I'd save the money otherwise.
- The rooms are loud. Quite loud. Any time I've got a room near the elevator I simply cringe.
- Shuttle runs every 30 minutes. That's a very long time to wait for a shuttle at the airport.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
WestinGM1, General Manager at The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Jason S

I appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stays. I want you to know that your comments are heard and we are working hard to rectify these issues as we speak. As far as the internet service is concerned, we agree and are working on a new platform which will greatly enhance the speed and reliability to our guests. This should be completed soon. I have also spoken with our team to make sure that our staffing is sufficient enough to provide fast and efficient service during our breakfast meal period. We know that you have choices when you travel and we want your experience to be refreshing and renewing. It’s our promise to you.

Thank you.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Stayed here in February, 2012 for meeting with folks from around the country. This is an off airport property. It is nice and accommodating. The property has a courtesy shuttle service from DFW. The rooms was well appointed and very comfortable. Airport noise is not an issue. We ate lunch at the restaurant and it was very good as well. Additionally, we utilized the hotel's boardroom and catering services and were very pleased. This is not a property to visit to see local sites. There is little around it and, unless you had a car, getting around by cab is pricey. Certainly worth consideration for meeting and layovers.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Stayed here for a quick overnight stay while I was in Dallas on a business trip. Overall, this Westin is average.

Location: about 10-15 mins from DFW airport. Good place to stay if you have an early flight or are arriving late. They have shuttles that will pick you up and take you to the airport- very convenient.

Service: Good. Easy check-in, no problems.

Rooms: Average. Rooms felt like they were on the older side. My room was not at the levels of cleaniness that it should have been. There was a dirty washcloth in the shower (which I assumes was left by housekeeping by mistake), the sheets on my bed had black stains on them and there was hair around the sink in the bathroom. I got in late and was just so tired that I didn't have it in me to switch rooms, in hindsight, I probably should have. My room was also right off the elevator next to the ice machine room...less than ideal.

Value: Great priced hotel. Worth it for the value and location.

Overall, average hotel, would not recommend it if you were staying for pleasure, but it is convenient if you are staying for business.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2012

This was a great, albeit short, one night stay last weekend. Many locals may know this hotel as the old Harvey Hotel and if you have visited this hotel since it became the Westin DFW I would highly encourage you to do so. All the staff - from the front desk at check to the restaurant wait staff to the housekeeping staff all seemed to be in "guest pleasing mode" during our stay. Even the bellman wth his cheery "hello" was a welcome change to some hotels that don't even notice you are there!! We were in town for a Dallas Mavericks game and although this hotel is a little out of the way for that venue but because of the service we received we would definitely go back to the Westin DFW on a return trip to Dallas even though there are many other choices. Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the massive DFW Airport are interesting. All rooms have been renovated to Westin...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank johnrouse1000
Reviewed 6 January 2012

A nice airport hotel with great service and right next to the airport. On a Westin standard, the rooms are nice and boutique-like, but the food is so-so. On-site coffee/starbucks cafe closes at noon sharp on most days - that was a bit disappointing. Dining options there aren't typical Westin standard. Given the price, if you can get it for under $150, it's a dependable stay with good service and the infamous Heavenly Beds by Westin. A good airport hotel, but don't go there expecting a luxury retreat and you'll have a good stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Very comfortable room, great bed, tons of pillows. I was able to get a room last minute through Pricline for $85- an excellent value at that price. Food at the bar downstairs was good but slightly overpriced.

• Stayed: December 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
3.6 km away
0.6 km away
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North
1.1 km away
Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott

Been to The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport? Share your experiences!