“Jail- but very cool”

Ranked #9 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Berlin, Germany
“Jail- but very cool”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

cool rooms, nice breakfast, friendly staff. Location for me was also perfect (for specific reasons). Jogging routes easy to find.
Is really different than other hotels and worth a visit

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
NYLOManagement, Public Relations Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Greetings Oliver K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with NYLO Dallas/Las Colinas on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly value your feedback as it only helps us grow as a brand.

We hope to see you again in the near future, and always feel free to contact us directly should you need future service.

Maegan Smith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Hubby and I stay here if we have to fly out early from DFW International Airport. It's typically been much cheaper in the past---I think around $129/night, now, closer to $179/night. Not sure why...didn't notice much difference from last time. We considered this an Aloft-style hotel - clean, nice, bar, food, pool, not horribly expensive but a little trendy and fun. I'm wondering if they're trying to change their image into a higher-end hotel?

In any event, here's the rundown:

1) Front desk: always consistently nice and very helpful. Every time we've stayed there.

2) Bar/restaurant: hostesses always attentive and seat you right away. Good waitstaff - depends on the person. Bartenders don't smile much or have much cache. Just not interested. Maybe it's just me, but that's a key part of a hotel bar - having a fun atmosphere. Especially if they are trying to distance themselves from the Aloft crowd. There has to be something slightly different in the bar--also because they have a great pool/bar set-up, so it could really increase their $$$$.

Food is limited in selection, but what they have is always tasty and fresh. You can also order room service (check the latest delivery time, it isn't 24 hour room service). It has been consistently good as well.

3) Rooms: WONDERFUL rain shower. Love it. So nice when traveling. Beds are comfortable and plush. Good TV channel choices. Nice amenities in bathroom. Room safe, hangers provided. NOTE: There is a device at the door where you insert your room key to turn on lights (a green thing). I love the concept, and it works, but the only thing to note is the rooms are very dark without lighting, and there is a sensor light by the bathroom that turns on when you go to the bathroom in the night. So, if you are with someone, it will wake them up. I couldn't figure out how to turn that feature off while leaving on other lights in the room. (?) So hubby kept waking up every time. Also, at some points, the way the room is set up with the bed in the main area, when you turn over in bed, sometimes it would trigger the auto light! Annoying, but we got over it.

They have airport transportation,if you need it. Lots of flight crews from DFW International stay here, so that says a lot for the hotel. There is also a (very nice touch!) flat screen panel in the lobby with all the DFW flights listed and their status for that day--just like at the airport.

Overall, love the hotel. Taking it down a point for the recent price increase.

Room Tip: Ask for higher room if want more quiet time
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank D Dawn K
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I spent one night at this hotel & from the moment I walked in it was top notch servive. The receptionist welcomed us after a long trip,accommodated all our needs immediately. Hotel room was clean, & a breath of fresh air. Best bed ever!! In the morning we had the breakfast buffet which was very good but my favorite part was the service! Gerardo & Hector were my waiters, it was a slow morning & I was the only one there so we had a chance to chat. They treated me so friendly, I felt very comfortable. I would come back to the hotel just because of the employees!

• Stayed January 2012
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdivsor. We are very pleased to hear that your stay with us was "top-notch" and please be assured that we have shared your kudos with the team!

We hope to see you again in the near future, and always feel free to contact us directly if you ever need future service.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

So ok this hotel is a tad unique with its uber trendy style, but that is its point. Such a cool and contemporary vibe in this hotel and the staff are fantastic, they could not be more helpful. The bar staff were ace and I would recommend the spicey chilli wings.

• Stayed January 2012
Greetings GSBUk,

Thank you for choosing NYLO to host your stay while visiting Dallas, Texas. We are thrilled to hear your experience at NYLO Dallas/Las Colinas was enjoyable. Our team does an amazing job with achieving our service culture and please be assured that we have forward your comments to them. We love the spicey chilli wings also - great recommendation!

We hope to see you again soon, and always feel free to contact us directly should you ever need future service.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

I first stayed at the NYLO when it first opened a few years ago (2009) and was less than impressed. I travel to this area 4-6 times a year and usually stay at other hotels but was 'forced' to stay here again due to some meetings that were held at the hotel. While many of the service issues I experienced in '09 have been corrected, the front desk has never figured out what rates include breakfast and what rates don't. The desk agents seem to make up the rules as they go. The hotel itself is what I have described as a college architect student's "capstone project". - Some interesting design/space ideas poorly and cheaply executed. Then passed off has 'hip' Hotel rooms in downtown NY Times square have more space and the quality of the workmanship of furniture and fixtures is on par with a weekend handyman's efforts. It would be hip if I were staying in a rehab'd warehouse in a remote South American Village, not a newly constructed building (that would have been better suited for self storage units). Stay here if you can get it for $75/night or less. Otherwise there are better options in town.

Room Tip: there is a court yard that attaches to the bar. The bar can be hopping and thus the courtyard can b...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Maegan_NYLO, Public Relations Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Good Day JlginPHX,

Thank you for choosing NYLO Dallas/Las Colinas during your recent visit to Dallas, Texas and for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your previous stay at NYLO. Our goal is to provide every guest with a comfortable, productive and fun stay. Feedback is extremely valuable to us - especially as the NYLO Hotel brand continues to grow. I appreciate your comments regarding our breakfast rates, please be assured that I have forward them to the appropriate team leader to follow-up.

We hope to see you again should your travels return to the Dallas area.

Best Regards,
Anderson, California
Reviewed 17 January 2012

The room was fabulous. The front desk girl recommended a great restaurant "the keg" where we were taken care of. Just a great overall experience.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank tlwarriors
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review with us on TripAdvisor. Also, we would like to thank you for letting NYLO Dallas/Las Colinas host your special night! We are very pleased you had a wonderful experience.

We hope to see you again in the near future. Please feel free to contact us directly should you need future service.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We were supposed to stay two nights but checked out after one because we were less than impressed. Had a huge issue at checkin regarding our reservation. We reserved a suite but opted for an upgrade to the Skyline suite for $48 more a night if it was available at checkin. This was an option when the reservation was made online however, the front desk person and manager claimed they knew nothing about this kind of offer.

Overall we found the service very questionable. They closed the bar early Friday night because they told us they were only at 28% occupancy so they kicked everybody out. We had just returned fro the Cotton Bowl game and knew quite a few people would be right behind us but they didn't care.

Room was odd and I realized I don't like the loft feel. It felt very Ikea and the ceiling looked moldy. I'm sure it wasn't but that's what I thought of when I looked at it.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Suzanidoo
Greetings Suzanidoo,

Thank you for choosing NYLO during your recent visit to Dallas, Texas. We work diligently each day to build a service culture responsive to the individual needs and make sure that our guests have a great first impression during the reservation and check-in process. On this occasion, we clearly failed to accomplish our goal and I would like to extend my apologies for this. I assure you that the issues at check-in to the Loft service has been addressed and we are taking necessary steps to ensure this does not reoccur.

I do apologize and hope to welcome you back to NYLO at Legacy so that we have an opportunity to showcase our commitment to providing an unparalleled experience, encompassing the style of service you expect and deserve.

Best Regards,
Maegan Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
4.0 km away
1.4 km away
Wingate By Wyndham Las Colinas
4.1 km away
Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West

Been to NYLO Irving / Las Colinas? Share your experiences!