All reviews the concierge lounge las colinas lake view front desk man made lake convention center room service parking garage high floor music factory lake carolyn business district king room nice property business traveler business trip definitely stay here again
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Can I give zero stars?!!!! They overbooked tonight and now they have many customers without rooms wandering around the lobby. They are trying (unsuccessfully) to find other hotels for us. Given it is close to midnight and I have an early morning, I am close to spewing venom. Why did they overbook by so much? Nobody knows. Clearly, they are mismanaged bc it is chaos in the lobby. They are putting me up in a nearby waterpark. Waterpark? Yes, waterpark. But it is taking forever........

Stayed: October 2018
Hotel-G-Mgr, General Manager at Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I sincerely apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. It is inexcusable! Please contact me at your convenience to discuss.

Reviewed October 3, 2018

All the staff were very nice and professional, comfortable bed, room was well cleaned. The room was recently renovated but there were some tells that not everything was new: old phone, old alarm clocks, old hair dryers, some rust or something on the shower track, and the bathroom door stop was falling off. At the price point I did expect more, especially better toiletries and maybe some water in the room to use in the coffeemaker. The location could not be better though so we were happy overall. Just across the street from the Toyota Music complex, lots of dining options and the concert venue.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2018

I come to Irving often for business and the Dallas Marriott is my preferred choice.

Access from either Love Field airport or DFW is convenient, rooms are spacious and have all the necessities if you travel on business.

The lobby was just remodelled and the gym and pool are great places to re-energize after work.

I also value the proximity to the restaurants located around the Irving Convention Center.

I am not a particular fan of Marriott's policy to charge for internet access, however, if you are a member of their loyalty program access is free at a decent speed.

There are no safes in the rooms.

If it was possible I would give it a 4.5 and I will definitely come back.

Room Tip: upper floors facing the lake provide for a nice view
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2018

The hotel was on the last stages of renovation when I stayed, so maybe the quality of service can improve afterwards. At 8am on a Saturday a male employee knocked once and just open the door of my room. I screamed from bed and he said "sorry" - but seriously, what the heck? I had a late check out already confirmed, so why was that not communicated? A few minutes later the noise begun... loud hammering and music blasting from someone's phone or radio. Turns out the whole floor was empty and they were replacing something on the guestroom doors. I guess they forgot there was a guest still staying on the floor? I brought this concerns up to the GM and while at first he replied, the follow up ended there.

I stay at Marriott hotels multiple times per month for work... Truly disappointed with this stay.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Hotel-G-Mgr, Manager at Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

I apologize for the lack of follow up. Please contact me at your convenience to discuss.

Clifton Thiebaud,
469-420-1390

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

We chose this hotel, primarily because we were attending a concert at the nearby Toyota Music Factory and wanted to be close. We were visitors from outside the US and were coming to Dallas to attend a particular concert. The location was perfect but also close to a DART train station so half an hour from the Downtown district. We were very happy with our room, comfy bed, fluffy towels, sliding door to a very efficient shower, a great coffee maker and efficient aircon. We found the staff very welcoming and helpful, particularly Maggie, Marcus, Kamillah, Jolisha and Courtney who were very accommodating and helped us with our many queries from how to get to a nearby shopping mall to getting change so we could use the guest laundry ( great idea) after being caught in a storm. However, it was Jose in the restaurant whose welcoming smile and willingness to accommodate what we wanted for breakfast, even so far as getting me an olive oil spread because I couldn't eat butter, was so appreciated. We would certainly stay at the Marriott La Colinas again if we ever returned to Dallas.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple