“1 room assigned to 2 different guests????”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North
Ranked #57 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Unfortunately we went up to our room to find another couple already occupying it. The front desk was unorganized and gave our reservation to someone else. We have small children and it was late-that could have been dangerous!! We were given another room but there was only 2 towels for 4 of us. The lady at checkout was indifferent to our issues. Did not offer any apology. Won't stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Kmralr
There are newer reviews for Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham DFW Airport North

Reviewed 28 February 2012

American Airlines put us up in this hotel as we had troubles with our flight. It was alright for a place to stay for a few hours. I however, would not stay here for more than a night. Rooms were small but clean, and breakfast was good. Also, the shuttle drive was very nice and made our crazy night a lot better.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Julia B
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I got this room from Hotwire.com for a quick nights sleep after a late arriving flight. Hotwire rated it 2.5 stars and they are notoriously generous with their star ratings, but this one actually lived up it. Clean, nice amenities, furniture and linens seemed modern. Very close to the airport and the shuttle picked up me quickly after calling. Very pleasantly surprised with this hotel overall.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed one nite because of proximity to airport and the free shuttle. We ended up having to take a taxi to the hotel as we had a 45 minute shuttle wait. It was a $25 minimum cab ride. We had a 10am flight the next morning but the shuttle is , unbelievably , leased out to an airline to move fight crews and was not available to take us after 7 am. We had to get to airport 2hours and 45 min before flight time. The free coffee and hot breakfast was not available at 7am, too early ! The rooms were fine but the shuttle management is a fiasco that cost me money,time,sleep and left me upset.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Greg M
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We arrived late with several bags for our 2 week trip, we asked for a luggage cart and were told that they had 3 but they must be on the other floors and they made no attempt to get us one. I asked about the shuttle service and was informed that they had a 7am and 9:30am so I had to be on one of those ( we needed a 8am) then I inquired about parking my car there and was told there is a charge and I showed her my expedia receipt showing free parking and was told that it is only free if you are on the premises. If none of these things are important to you then you may be ok with the hotel, the rooms are clean, the beds were comfy, the breakfast was okay, the only room complaint I have is the noise from the airport but I guess that's what you get for staying close by. All in all we will never stay here again!!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I stayed here for three nights , the rooms are surprisingly nice. The staff needs work. Requested a wake up call that never came. There all very quiet and seem confused. The location is great if your in the area for the airport or a close business meeting. There is a shuttle that will take you up to five miles for free from 5am to 11pm. Airport shuttle runs 24 hours a day. I would stay here again. It's not the ritz but good for a night or two.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Price was incredibly low and location was great for flying out of DFW.

They could have a great place and I think the management is trying, slightly missing the mark.

Positive was a great workout room, happy hour snacks and drinks, and room amenities. I loved the kitchenettes, a recliner in the room, and great work desk & chair.

The pillows were older than my grandma. And the mattress was past it's prime too. Seriously don't know how anyone could let the cost of two pillows pull down a nights stay so much. Matress I can live with, but the pillows were unusable.

Now I loved the recliner in the room, but the reclining lever felt like it was coated in ketchup (at least that's what I'm gonna pretend it was). I had to scrub the handle and side of the recliner.

I've stayed here twice in the past two months and have interacted with four different front desk employeess. None of them are in contention for the Senator McCain Outstanding Service Award. Quiet, timid, unhelpful, unengaging, but well dressed. I asked for a close place to eat and one guy directed me to a mall a couple miles away. I said I want something close and he said there was nothing close. I saw the Mariot across the freeway and went over there to find three magnificent dining choice.

This could be a nice place with a little polishing- pillows, staff training, and cleaning the recliner handles. The place is actually quite nice and updated. I can't decide if I will try it again next time or not?

• Stayed: January 2012