“Pay the extra $25.00 and stay at the Hampton Inn...”

Best Western Irving Inn & Suites at DFW Airport
Ranked #37 of 77 Hotels in Irving
wleasure
“Pay the extra $25.00 and stay at the Hampton Inn...”
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Wow. This hotel was awful. Didn't feel secure for a minute. People drinking cases of beer and smoking in the hallway by the pool, etc. Not worth the cheap price. Shares a parking lot with a 7-11. We only stayed for a few hours and then had to leave.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wleasure

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Needing a place to stay in Dallas before taking a 6:15AM flight from DFW the next morning, we decided to stay here. Just minutes from airport and they operate their own shuttle. Some of the other hotels/motels contract this servicve out to independent operators who service numerous properties. I was able to be assured that we had our transportation to the airport. Shuttle service begins at 5AM.

The hotel itself was fine. The staff was friendly, the kids enjoyed the pool and spa, I found everything to be clean. The beds weren't the most comfortable but that made it easier to wake up for that 5AM shuttle. The cost of this hotel was $68 including taxes and that included me leaving my car parked there for 7 days and roundtrip shuttles to the airport. Arriving back to DFW, I called the hotel when I reached baggage claim and they were there at the lower level pickup spot within 10 minutes.

We were not able to have breakfast at the hotel (starts at 6AM) but there were a few 24 hour restaurants nearby so I could get some breakfast for the kids in the morning.

Overall, I was quite pleased with my experience here and would choose them again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank STM0041
Sanford, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Well first off I booked this motel stay back in January and on my reservations it clearly stated this>>GUEST NEEDS WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE ROOM. I arrived there May 19th, after driving 1200 miles to get to Irving from North Carolina. I check in and get my room key, go to the room and what a surprise. There is about a 3" to 4" step-up to get into the room. I had the person with me that I came to see to help me in. We went to the office that afternoon and said that was NOT a wheelchair accessible room. They told us that their handicap rooms only had wider bathroom doors. There were NO grab bars in the shower or around the toilet. After the 2nd day it rained and there was a puddle of water at my room door. I tried to get into the room on my own, My wheels of my power chair went through the water and when I went to go up the step-up into the room, the wheels were spinning and then caught and threw my chair into the door so hard the people in the next room came to the door and said they thought someone ran into the building with a car. That night we went to the office and said that room was NOT going to work and asked if they would refund my remaining 6 days on my reservation. The lady said they did NOT reverse charges. So I thought I was stuck in my room until my company came to visit me and could help me in my room. Then I thought about it, & I called the 1-800 # and told them the problem I was having and what the people at the front desk told me about them not reversing charges. Later that day the motel manager called my cell phone and said they would reverse the remaining days left on my reservation and only charge for the 2 days I stayed. I said fine and packed up and checked out and went down 2 blocks and got a room that WAS handicap accessible. The room was fine except the getting into the door. Every room at this motel has the same type of step-up getting into the rooms and THEY call them having handicap accessible rooms. They are NOT by any means wheelchair accessible rooms when you have a 3" to 4" step-up to get into the room.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Single-in-NC
dublin
Reviewed 8 December 2010

stayed at this hotel 9 nights early november,got a great rate with hotel.com.(430 euro for the nine nights with breakfast.)
hotel is in a great location, next door is k-mart a large store that sold everything, and just a 10 minute walk was the Irving mall, a hugh mall with a large cinema complex.

the room in the best western was a big room, large bed, small fridge and microwave. bed was comfortable,carpet was filthy the room furniture was worn and a bit tatty but ok, the floor was a bit wonky ,it was like a bit of a dip in the floor from all the people walking over the years, the tv was a disaster, old,terrible reception,could only watch CNN, bathroom was great,wifi was great.room was quiet,the room was cleaned daily and cleaning staff were friendly and helpful,

reception staff were great ,friendly & helpful, free shuttle to airport and local and train station.(only one problem i had was left waiting in Irving mall for over an hour for return shuttle in the end i walked back.) the local tre station is walkable, about 2 miles walk.

laundry room was closed but a large laundry is beside the hotel £1.50 cent per machine with free drying. tip buy laundry products in k-mart its a lot cheaper.

would recommend the best western if you can get a good deal.

the Texan people are one of the most friendly helpful you will ever meet. Irving is a great place to visit

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
5 Thank daft-duck50
kansas
Reviewed 29 November 2010

This hotel is very comfortable and quite nice for the money. They have a waffle bar that makes texas shaped waffles, and they put out a nice spread for breakfast. It is right next to a Wal-mart and tons to eat nearby. I have two minor complaints. First is that in our first room the door would not lock. The card reader was broken, so when we tried to leave to go to dinner the door would not lock. They seemed to be aware of this problem as a general issue and gave us another room, but it is something you must check, that if you leave the door locks behind you. (rm 137 specifically). The other is that the driver to pick us up from the airport was on dinner break when we called for a pickup. It took a while and he blew past us at the shuttle zone at the airport, but got us on the second pass. He didn't open the doors for us or help my mother into the van. This is the first time ever that someone has treated us so callously. The driver in the morning was fantastic. Guess which one we tipped. Overall would recommend.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Moore, Oklahoma
Reviewed 15 September 2010

The saying "don't judge a book by its cover" goes well with this hotel. From the photo's, everything looks alright, BUT, when you actually check into your room, it feels like you are in a "per hour" motel. The rooms on the ground floor near the pool smell like mildew really bad. We could hardly sleep because the odor and it messed with all our sinuses. The front desk showed us two other rooms on the ground floor that also had a very bad mildew/mold smell.

The mattresses need to be replaced. They are very lumpy and cheap. Bring your own pillow as well because the ones provided are the size of salad croutons.

No travelers material in the rooms like nearby restaurants, etc.
DO NOT take your shoes off and go barefoot in the rooms. Your feet will turn BLACK.

The pool is a welcomed amenity, but the jacuzzi needs to be cleaned since the white concrete was now dirty brown.

NASTY! Will never stay here again!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Vaporhead
Foxworth, Mississippi
Reviewed 23 July 2010

The room itself was nice and clean. Centrally located near airport with shuttle.

Our problem was the drunks on both side of our room. They kept banging on our walls, and our door.

The toilet also ran ALL night.

They have a pool and exercise room.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family