“Chicken Piccata and grilled asparagus was divine. Ask to be away from the piano if having a business dinner.”

Bruno's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bruno's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 690 Restaurants in Irving
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2017

Low carb heaven - they did the chicken piccata without the pasta and no starches and subbed the asparagus for the pasta and starchy vegetables. Wonderful and so tasty. shared a Cesar salad which was very nice. I have been coming here for several years, and they do not disappoint. They have a wonderful glass in area that makes for a very nice couples dinner area, and there is also a private room for groups. There is a bar, but it is small. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was the owner almost wouldn't let me in insisting that there no one there that I was to met (my dinner companion was already seated by herself.) Only after my dinner companion got up did he note "Oh, I guess there is someone by themselves..." I suspect that I was dressed too casually for his taste.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed September 7, 2017

I love this restaurant. The fried calamari is so good and the portions of the entrees are generous. Love the fact that they have live piano music - just imagine listening to Chopin waltzes while eating...my kind of atmosphere ;-)

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

This is an outstanding place to eat ltalian food. The ambiance is fantastic. The food and wine are excellent. The view ofthe canal is just wonderful. If you get a chance this is a great place to go.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed June 25, 2017

Our group of four went to Bruno's for the first time, and each of us were extremely pleased with our meals. We each had something very different : fish, pasta, chicken, beef....everything was delicious! We will definitely return. The ambiance and the service could use a little tweaking - but I think it actually provides character - this is an old school Italian restaurant with personality and very good food.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed June 3, 2017

It's taken me some time to finally post this as I'm always truthful on my posts.
We have visited Bruno's several times & each time there was a lack of something. Whether lack service, food was bland, but this last time will be our last. We believe it might be the owner was on the phone at the bar/entrance area yelling at someone on the phone. We were trying to relax after a hectic week, only to have this nerve racking yelling disturb us for a considerable amount of time to the point we left & didn't finish our meals.
If that wasn't enough their "Italian" was very bland and I'd say it reminded me of food served in nursing homes. My first meal last year was delicious, the last two not so much, extremely bland, sorry don't waste your time or your money. There are other Italian restaurants we have found since then!

Date of visit: March 2017

Been to Bruno's Italian Restaurant? Share your experiences!