“BUGS!”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Junction
Sweden
“BUGS!”
Reviewed 4 July 2010

Went into the room - imediatly saw a big nasty bug on the carpet (couqroche?). walked away.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TexasTimon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Houston Tx.
Reviewed 14 August 2009

Fairly good location off the highway. It was late and we were tired. Found this motel 6. Lobby looked clean, lady at desk was pleasant and efficient. Got checked in and went to the room - turned on the A'C (90 degrees outside and inside) - got ready for bed - laid down and OH MY GOODNESS - what a stink - what a smell. The urine smell was every where - bed - floor and bathroom. It was so strong it burned our noses. We slept with our clothes on and hands over our faces. Got up after a few hours sleep -my husband killed a few large crickets that decided to sleep with us. Ran to the car and never looked back.. NASTY!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Dukeandfamily
Sugarland, TX
Reviewed 25 September 2007

I was very tired as I was heading west on I-10. I had stayed at this location when it used to be a Comfort Inn. On this trip I noticed that they name had changed, but I enjoyed my stay here last time so I decided to come back. It had been repainted and spruced up from the last time I had stayed. The service level was the same friendly welcome type.

The first major change I noticed was the rates! They were much less and the same quality and the same amenities, and more! I got the High speed internet, continental breakfast, the indoor pool, and even a micro fridge and microwave in my room. It thought it was a great deal. The only bad apart about this place was that you had to drive on the other side to get food. A small price to pay! I rate this place a great place where you can keep coming back and get the same service over and over again and get surprised with good changes.

• Liked — The location, service, and price
  • Disliked — Away from restaurants and other services in town.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sugar Land, TX
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,213 helpful votes
Reviewed 15 March 2006

This motel is off a freeway exit and not "downtown," as the "information provided by the hotel" suggests on this site.

My reservation was for the one night of Friday, 26 November 2004. I checked in shortly after 5 p.m. and was assigned a second-floor room. The room's temperature was exceptionally hot; I turned the A/C (which had been off) to its lowest setting and the highest speed. I noted at the time that the air was not cold and the fan-speed not very high, but I figured that the temperature would cool down soon enough.

I left the room and returned at 10 p.m. The temperature was the same or even hotter. I phoned the front desk to report the problem and asked if a maintenance man were available to fix it. The desk agent said that no one would be available until 9 a.m. He offered to switch me to the only other room available -- a smoking room -- but we agreed that if this were acceptable, I would have reserved one in the first place. He apologized for being unable to remedy the situation.

When I went to bed, I began sweating. I was lying on top of the covers already. I couldn't sleep. Three times during the night, I arose and stood outside in the 45-degree weather to try to cool off. I considered propping the outside door open in hopes of cooling the room from the outside, but the breeze had died down and no cold air came in. After several hours of this, I put on a sweatband (in late November!) and dozed fitfully until morning. When I finally got up, the pillow was damp from sweat. I took a shower in the coldest water possible and still began sweating again when I tried to towel off.

At checkout, as I dripped with sweat, I immediately reported the situation to the morning desk-clerk, who was sympathetic but deferred to the hotel manager, who was on vacation. He said that in this circumstance, the desk staff would apprise the manager, she would call Choice Hotels, and a refund would be arranged. He added what seemed to be thorough notes to those that had been left by the previous desk agent.

My stay was very unpleasant, and no remedy was available during the time. Given the Comfort Inn "100% Satisfaction" guarantee, I politely requested (via fax to the manager on December 1) a refund of what I paid for my stay.

After several days and a follow-up inquiry, I received the manager's reply. It was arrogant, unapologetic, and completely dismissive. I had to pursue remedy myself, and this was finally achieved (after much arguing) from Choice Hotels customer "service." Other travelers should note that this motel suffered no penalty for its nonresponsiveness; my "remedy" consisted of vouchers from Choice HQ. These vouchers were offered mainly to get rid of me because, although I'm normally VERY tolerant, I would NOT give in regarding this outrage.

There are other chain and private motels in Junction, and I strongly recommend that travelers pursue ANY of these instead of patronizing this "Comfort" Inn.

• Stayed November 2004