See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

This is one of the better Motel 6's we've stayed in. We were passing through on a long drive moving states and ended up just outside of Houston. We have a dog so we always look for a Motel 6 so he can stay. The rooms that they assign to you when you have pets are on the 3rd floor. Rooms are good and bed was pretty comfy. There was enough grass around to take the dog out too. Main downfall was we had a big U-Haul truck with a car being towed, and there wasn't an ideal place to park it. We had to park along the street on the next block over. It worked out though and everything was safe. Would stay here again when we're next in the Houston area.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rachel_nz15
Reviewed August 17, 2016

I was traveling with my mom on a two week road trip and we stop here for the night around 3:30PM. The rooms were clean and the staff was nice. The did not have outside access to room you had to enter through the front and take an elevator.
My only complaint was the room seem like it was just cleaned with some type of chemical and the smell never went away.

Room Tip: The rooms were inside so you did not hear the interstate traffic from my room.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard L
Reviewed May 31, 2016

Stopped here and was able to grab a room while driving through Houston. Hit an unexpected delay (first time driving in Houston rush hour...) and was here much later than originally anticipated. Staff was very friendly and the room was nicer that I was expecting from a Motel 6. Even being right next to I-10 the rooms were very quiet.

I loved how they also have patrolling security at night keeping an eye on vehicles.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank MrBrazil85
Reviewed January 25, 2016

When I checked in I provided ID with my credit card, my room was on 3rd floor and I had to make numerous trips to unpack my car, !/2 way through the desk clerk advised they had a luggage cart (they kept hidden) I could use and I did. After moving my belongings in I noticed there was no tissue in the holder, when I returned the luggage cart I asked if I could have some tissue, the clerks could no find any, it was all locked up, so I was offered another role of toilet paper. When checking out in the morning I took one load to my car which was in the front, on the way back I asked if I could use the luggage cart again to check out, the clerk advised she needed my ID to use it, I showed her my room card which she said would not be good enough I told her I showed my ID upon check in that is how I got my room card and my credit card was still on file, I did not have my wallet with me it was in my room, she replied that was too bad, I made the numerous trips to and from my room to load my vehicle. Upon check out I did not even get a sorry. When I got my receipt it was not for the amount quoted when I made my reservation, when I advised this friendly clerk , the response was who did I speak to when I made the reservation, my answer was "the person who answered the phone" I advised that she should be able find that out easier than me. The answer was "no" and that I was charged the proper rate. You can bet I will be rushing right back there the next time I stay in Houston, with her attitude she no doubt made an impression on other ex guests.

Room Tip: don't get one near stairs as homless persons were sleeping there in the morning
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Jim P
Reviewed October 24, 2015 via mobile

Too much money and no proper services available .when we booked the motel on the website says microwave available but it was not available .when ask at the reception no proper answer was given .They hardly bothered about the bad rating when i told them about it. Comforters were not given on the first night .No one comes clean the room after ask them to come after some time .Highly disappointed with their services .

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Houston - Katy, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2015

Dear Sakina,
Thank you for sharing your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern you describe. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Our standards for quality rest on the promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.