“It is jsut BBQ”

Nonmacher's Bar-B-Que
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed January 2, 2018

I stopped by here a few times over the years, and the BBQ is still the same. I like a good BBQ sandwich, and Nonmachers are just okay or sub-par to those around the area. Also, they are a little on the expensive side just for a sandwich and drinks.

Reviewed December 15, 2016

I would give it a 0 if possible. I am honestly not commenting on their food, because it could taste amazing. (If fecal matter in food taste amazing???) I am only commenting on the unsanitary conditions that the food is cooked in. The "lady" there is feeding and providing shelter to HUNDREDS of FERAL CATS....as in multiple pet houses and make shift shelters that she has personally made. HUNDREDS of them roam behind the store and are lodging there and defecating EVERYWHERE because SHE TREATS THEM LIKE HER PERSONAL COMPANION ANIMALS, not feral diseased animals; which MANY of them are!!!!! They roam freely in and out of the cooking areas and again....DEFECATE EVERYWHERE!!!! I wouldn't touch that place with a 10 foot pool unless you want to welcome the "lady's" 100 cats and feces to eat with you.

4  Thank BrittanyandDani... M
Reviewed December 5, 2016

I've been eating the Sliced Brisket sandwiches for 40 years. The quality has never varied from great.

Reviewed June 16, 2015 via mobile

I've heard and read the hype about this place for a few years now so I needed to experience it for myself. Even though it's located in a small strip center, it wasn't very difficult to find.

I ordered my customary three meat plate with potato salad and cole slaw. I chose not to have any sauce.

I requested the moist end of the brisket as I usually do. In my opinion it was excellent in taste, texture, and juicy perfection. The sausage was pretty good with a strong black pepper kick and not greasy at all. Now the ribs....the plus is they left the tips on just like I like it. The meat pulled away from the bone just like a properly smoked rib should do. They had a nice smoke ring and just enough juicy chew to them that could warrant them as excellent ribs. However, they had a strong lighter fluid taste to them that continued to linger for awhile. This dampered my meal. Luckily the creamy potato salad helped with the lingering creosote taste.

The potato salad was excellent in my opinion. I don't like a mustard based potato salad and this one didn't seem to have any which is excellent in my opinion. The cole slaw was pretty good but nothing spectacular.

I will visit Nonmacher's again but I will make sure the meat is free of any lighter fluid taste. The brisket itself is worth revisiting.

2  Thank Charitable R
Reviewed June 9, 2015 via mobile

Barbecue places abound in Texas but the best hands down is Nonmacher's Barbecue which used to be managed by John, the original owner, & not much has changed since it opened in 1978. Once you open the door to this small restaurant of about 8 tables, the aroma of good Texas barbecue welcomes the hungry customer. It'd be nice to bottle this and open it up at a barbecue party at home. Our favorite is sliced brisquet on a bun with BBQ sauce. We also like the sliced 1 pound BBQ. Nonmacher's is a Katy, Texas tradition. It's mouth-watering barbecue for those who love BBQ or those tasting it for the first time. Once I took some Asian friends to this restaurant and they enjoyed the brisquet so much that when we went to Rome, Italy and I asked them what they wanted to eat, they unanymously said brisquet. If you want to eat good Texas barbecue, go to Nonmacher's. I gave them 5 stars because of the quality, taste and smell of the food and great service. The restaurant is clean but small, and the lady owner and her side-kick, George, will serve you a treat for your taste buds.