“complete surprise”

The Kemah Steak Company
Reserve with OpenTable
The Kemah Steak Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 78 Restaurants in Kemah
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2016

We walked into what just looked like a nice house at the beach in Kemah. What we found inside was the perfect setting for a romantic dinner with your favorite someone.

We started the meal with one of the best crab cakes we have ever had (and I'm not even the crab cake lover in the family). It was seasoned and cooked perfectly.

They brought out a hot warm loaf of bread that was wonderful. This isn't just some plain bread, it was differently seasoned and had that special difference that just made it yummy. The garlic butter they provided goes well with this bread.

For the main course we had an aged filet (6 oz) that was so tender and juicy it melted in my mouth (I know, how does meat melt, but it does!). This too was seasoned AND cooked perfectly. They got each steak spot on to how we ordered it - this seems to be a rarity at many chain steakhouses, so we always appreciate it when they get it right.

The main course is ordered separately from the sides which are Á la carte; if you want something with that steak you have to order each individually. We had a salad and baked potato (usual potato and sides) each, and shared the creamed spinach. The spinach was large enough for 2-3 people to share. This is a delicious dish. It was a little different because of the larger pieces of bacon, but what doesn't taste better with bacon.

The service could not have been better, but we went at an off hour and had the place to ourselves. We had the staff's full attention. In fact, the chef came out and checked on us. I can't say it would be as good if the place was full (I will save that for a future review if/when we return - see below).

The food, service, and ambiance here puts this place at the top. With that said, I believe the pricing is a little higher than other restaurants in the same category in the Houston area. For that reason, if I could have given the place 4 1/2 stars instead of 5 I would have.

It was good, ok VERY good, but just a little pricer than a place of this caliber. Was it delicious - yes, yes it was. Will I return, possibly on a special occasion. Will I recommend, probably, but with a recommendation that it be for something special when you don't mind spending more than usual.

Reviewed 18 March 2016

Again, the inside is dim. romantic lighting. The decor is friendly and warm. The food was simply outstanding! The side dishes were very tasteful. I can't comment on desserts, because we were full from the main course and appetizers.I would recommend this for any special occasion or just to pamper yourself with a great steak! It beats some of the more pricey steakhouses in the area, not just on price, taste, and ambiance!

Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

My husband ordered the 6oz Allen Brothers Steak and I ordered the lamb chops. We also ordered a baked potato and the sautéed green beans.
The lamb chops were good and the steak was okay, but nothing to brag about. The green beans were horrible, as if they hadn't been cooked at all, crunchy & flavorless.
This morning with both woke up to sick stomachs and have been so most of the day. We will never step foot in this place again, so be careful!

Reviewed 20 January 2016

Took my wife and mother out for a special evening and was very surprised when it turned out we had this small restaurant to ourselves. Granted, it was a Monday night, but being the only customers meant we had the complete attention from the staff. From drinks to appetizers to salads to entrees (we couldn't even think about dessert after all we ate), we had most of what the Kemah Steak Company had to offer. Britta was our excellent waitress, and knew the menu like an owner. She suggested the crab cake as an appetizer, and it was one of the best crab cakes any of us have ever had. Next came the salads (wedge and house), both were as good as could be. For entrees, we all ordered the aged beef 6 oz filet, and all received perfectly cooked/flavored tenderloins with baked potatoes and cream spinach. My mother almost always complains about the cook on her steak, and we were all pleasantly surprised to learn from her that the chef got medium-well right! (My wife and I prefer medium rare, and our steak was perfectly cooked as well). The chef and manager both approached our table at an appropriate time to find out how we liked the restaurant and food. We left a bit fatter and much happier - Thank you to the KSC staff! We will be recommending and returning!

Reviewed 8 November 2015 via mobile

My friends and I went to this restaurant last night and after several steaks were undercooked and we requested they be sent back the manager Mike became irate. He wouldn't take them off our bill. He asked what was he supposed to do, "eat a s**t sandwich"? Really? We had children with us!!!
He then FOLLOWED US INTO THE PARKING LOT which we recorded and continued to cuss us out in front of our children. I have no idea what purpose he had. We paid for our entire bill, including the two steals we sent back that he wouldn't take off our bill!

This was the worst restaurant experience any of us have ever had!! There may be some reviews that they have good steaks but this is a reason not to go right here. If this guy will do this then who knows what goes on at this place!!!!

5  Thank Dunpheyaa