Okay, so the Inn of the Hills isn't super glam, but the service could not be friendlier and the prices cannot be beat in the Hill Country. If you call the Resort directly, the do occasionally offer a discount on published rates, be sure and request a room facing the pool. These rooms have been recently upgraded and have walk out patios with nice views of their super pretty pool.
We have stayed here twice in the last month. Once as a couple, the second time we brought our short guy and grandma. Everyone had a relaxed and enjoyable time.
Your room rate includes a full, hot buffet breakfast complete with fresh fruit and made to order omelets. When you are four people traveling, this is a big bonus money-wise.
There is an attached bar, granted it is full of local blue hairs, but if you want a cold beer without the worry of driving, it is a nice place to hang out for awhile.
Kerrville is less than a half an hour from Fredericksburg, and a great jumping off spot for the Texas Hill Country.
Also, your room has a refrigerator, so bring your own water, beer, and snacks and save a few extra bucks.
This is NOT a super luxury resort, but it is super comfy, clean and a great spot for family gatherings or a weekend getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 166 rooms, With native stone architecture and proximity to the beautiful Guadalupe River, the Inn of the Hills is the landmark hotel for the Texas Hill Country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Inn of the Hills Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of The Hills Resort And Conference
- Inn Of The Hills Hotel Kerrville
- Hotel Of The Hills Conference