“Under Any Circumstances No One Should Stay There. You'll regret It!”

Amco Hotel and Suites
Ranked #27 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Bradenton
“Under Any Circumstances No One Should Stay There. You'll regret It!”
Reviewed 21 September 2011

On September 13, 2011 I rented a room after being on the road for 10 hours. Getting there at about 7:00PM. Very tired. All I wanted was a clean room with internet. I was there to see my grandson before he deplys to Afganastan in Dec. After getting back from dinner at 11:00, I went to my room to get on the computer. After spending about an hour trying to logon, I went to the office only to find it wasn't even a wireless network. They said I should have brought a Ethernet cable. They handed me a cable. It was 1' long. I'd have to sit against the wall to use it. It was useless. When asked for additional pillows, they couldn't furnished them. When I left, the counter lady (Nydia) said that there was a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee and said that the manager would call me. Didn't happen either. I called the manager (Gail Jordan) a week later only to find out that they did drop the 100% guarantee and they wouldn't credit me anything back. They went on to say that I could have gone somewhere else that night. Who's going to look for a room at 12:00 at night. Very unreasonable.

Room Tip: Don't stay there, poor customer servics and no wireless
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My stay at the Quality inn in Killeen, Tx was pretty good. When I walked in my room, I was happy with the amount of space provided. The room was clean and their were no bugs. The staff were informative and kind. The pool, as well as the breakfast, was great. I would recommend to others.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2010

We PCSed from Ft Polk, LA to Ft Hood, TX. There was no lodging on post. So the great people of Quality Inn & Suites, have made this month long stay great. I have found my self saying wait tell we get home kids....lol meaning the room. They have been so nice and helpful. Its been like home and the best stay I have ever had. As a Military spouse, we have had to stay in many places. Not knowing the area, they have been spot on with directions to places we need to go. If at any time we have to PCS back to Ft Hood after this tour, I would stay here before on post.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Fort Hood, TX
Reviewed 11 July 2010

I just PCD's to Fort Hood and booked this hotel off of the internet due to the reviews I read and the fact that they are a dog-friendly hotel. When I first pulled up at the hotel, I immediately wanted to switch to a different hotel because the hotel just looked dirty and run-down. I had to stay there, however, due to not having canceled my reservation 24 hours in advance. I wound up staying 2 nights here until I was able to get into the Shilo Inn (which I highly recommend) due to the difficulty of getting into a hotel during the summer PCS season.

The staircases in the hotel are filthy, with trash and dead bugs in them. The room smelled musty, and I had to put on flip-flops just to feel comfortable walking around the room. One of my towels in the bathroom had something hard and brown on it. There is a small, grassy area in front of the hotel, but there were numerous piles of dog poop all over the place. I wanted to do laundry in the guest laundry room, but the laundry room was dirty and I felt like my clothes would be stolen if I turned around for even a few minutes. The room definitely needed a dehumidifier, because the air conditioning unit puts so much moisture into the room that the carpet feels moist. The staff is also rude.

This hotel is also in a bad part of Killeen, very close to Rancier Avenue and all of the associated crime that comes with that part of town. I didn't really feel comfortable leaving my cars in the parking lot because this part of town is very seedy.

I would recommend staying in another hotel, in a better part of Killeen. There are several other hotels very close to Fort Hood that are dog friendly If you stay here, you will be one of three things: dissapointed, disgusted, or some combination of the two :(

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Killeen hotels

Killeen, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2010

The hotel room was dirty, smelly, and low budget. There was dog poop everywhere outside of the hotel. There is only high speed internet in a small portion of the hotel. I was quoted a price when I made the reservation, and when I checked out I noticed that they had overcharged me. I told them what I was quoted and they told me there was nothing they could do. There was no manager available to speak to and the front desk worker was extremely demeaning and rude towards me. I had to call corporate headquarters in order to get the correct rate. It may be a cheap hotel, but you get what you pay for. They are NOT military friendly. Spend a little extra money and stay somewhere else. Trust me, it will be worth it.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Milo, Me
Reviewed 23 April 2010

The ownership treated us like family. The owners & staff were very supportive while we were waiting for our son to return home from Iraq. The Inn is the closet one is to Fort Hood which is convenient for the Army familyt.They were very accomodating, allowing us to use their lobby computer for updates....even after we checked out....The quality in this Quality Inn is in the qualities of the owners & staff.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
wisconsin
Reviewed 12 September 2009

I stayed in this motel with my family when I went to visit my son, who is in the army. It was conveniently located near the army base, and was both affordable and had good spacious rooms. The pool was also a plus. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2009, travelled with family