“Good food”

Rudy's
Ranked #5 of 268 Restaurants in Killeen
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Went for dinner and tried the brisket, potato salad, and cream corn. All were really good. Loved the inside with all of the community tables. I was disappointed that they do not have large containers of banana pudding. Employees were very friendly.

Reviewed March 11, 2018

I was very impressed when Rudy's won the Malcolm Baldridge Award for Quality. I know what it takes to win that recognition of excellence. So, when I go to a Rudy's I expect consistency. Well, when you get a sausage and egg breakfast taco at Rudy's, you expect to see a goodly portion of nice scrambled egg mixed with little chunks of red sausage. Not so in Killeen. You get a small, perhaps one egg worth of the scrambled, with gray colored link sausage chopped into larger pieces. The visuals and the taste were just not the same. The whole kitchen crew needs more OJT on how to do it right the Rudy's way.

Reviewed December 11, 2017

My group recently ordered a group meal for 30 people and were very pleased with the food and the delivery. They provide everything you need except for the table and chairs. I will definitely order again for any future meetings and gatherings.

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

First time visit. They let you taste test the brisket. All the meats are Sold by the 1/2lb. Sides come in various sizes. The brisket was very very good, great BBQ smoke flavor. The slaw and potato salad was excellent. Price is great for the quality of food. Only downside here is the food doesn't come on plates and it's serve yourself, no waiters. The meat is bulk packed on parchment paper, the sides come in containers, and they offer free bread. Free refills on drinks. Overall, great BBQ and friendly staff.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

I had the Pork Loin and it was good. I have eaten at other Rudy's and this one follows like the rest. It is deliberately rustic, part of the whole theme. You get your food in a plastic basket tray on wax paper, no plates. You eat with plastic flatware and all sides are ala-carte. The prices are reasonable and you do get a good meal for the money. So if you like BBQ it is worth a visit but as to making it a destination that I would travel for? Not really, if I am in the area I will have a meal or two there but I wouldn't go out of my way to get there.

Been to Rudy's? Share your experiences!