“Stain on sheet”

TownePlace Suites Killeen
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Reviewed 26 December 2011

I am writing this review as I am staying at this hotel. I checked in for a one night stay as I had previously stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago. The front desk staff is really nice and responsive. However, found a blood stain on one of the beds! It may have been from one of the workers who got hurt but wouldn't you know if you were bleeding and handling white sheets? So disappointed and disgusted with the experience that it will certainly affect my stay here.
I am giving an overall Average rating given the front desk being responsive and helpful but I am certainly not coming back here.

Room Tip: Get a room on the third floor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 June 2011

First let me start off by saying Ms. Kim is amazing at her job. She is such a sweet person and is always going to the fullest to make sure your stay is a good one. The staff is more then helpful and very polite. The hotel is very clean. One of the BEST Towneplace Suites I have stayed in. I like the location because it is close to Ft. Hood and other places, like shopping and restaurants. It's also walking distance to Petty's BBQ, which has some amazing food. I will DEF stay here again when I am in Killeen.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2010

I have an 8 month old and a 3 year old...waiting for my husband's return home from Iraq. I am pleasantly surprised how clean & spacious this place is! I am very picky about cleanliness...the bathroom especially is very clean! The fridge is big enough for milk and food, plenty of cups & plates for a family. At night, they lock the entrance and only people with keys can get in. BTW, it's only an exit away from the main gate AND their breakfast is AWESOME!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2009

We stayed at the Towneplace Suites on a recent househunting trip to the area. The staff are all very nice and helpful. The room we checked into had a strong cleaning product smell, so we requested a move after the first night. They went out of their way to accommodate us ... which was very nice. The second room did have the same smell, but not as strong. I think I was sensitive to the smell, so no fault to the hotel.

Our room had one area with an office desk, couch, chair and TV. Off that area was a kitchenette with 4-burner stove, microwave, sink and refrigerator. They supplied towels, soap, cookware and serving utensils and plates. The bathroom was supplied with shampoo, conditioner and soap. The bedroom had another TV and the bed was very comfortable. It would have been very nice for an extended stay.

They have an outdoor pool which was very refreshing after long hot Texas days. There was also a bbq grill available for guests (which we did not use) and an outdoor seating area. They served complimentary breakfast in the lobby area every morning which had yogurt, fruit, toast, muffins, juices, coffee, boiled eggs, cereal and make-your-own Texas shaped waffles.

We used their business center for printing documents and at no charge. There were 3 or 4 computers available for use and I never had to wait. Their location was very convenient to Rt. 190 which runs through Killeen and eventually brings you out to I-35. Overall, a good stay and I would return.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2009

This hotel was my "home" for 61 days and nights while I was on a work assignment. The operation of the hotel was adequate, with overall nice and helpful front desk people. Housekeeping was done 3 times per week, with only 1 of those times involving the changing of bed linens and vacuuming. The quality of this work was really spotty, despite my leaving $5 tips each cleaning. I did, however, feet safe there.

I had one big incident with a front desk worker, who refused to provide my husband with a pass to the off-site gym. She began lying to me when questioned, and concluded this incident by asking why I wasn't understanding her refusal of this service, because "I am speaking English to you". Needless to say, I was highly offended by this comment and took it up with management the following morning. They were quite responsive and apologetic about their employee's behavior. (Said employee gave me glaring looks and refused to speak to me the remainder of my stay.)

As far as extended-stay hotels go, this one is just about average. Nothing special but nothing horrific. At $70 per night, I'm not sure I would expect more. Because of the glut of this kind of property in Killeen, I would next time research if I could more for my $70 per night outlay.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2008

I was a Hurricane Ike evacuee. I found the TownePlace Suites to be a comforting safe haven during my time away from home. It was completely relaxing and made a difference in my overall well-being after having suffered significant damage to my home. The staff was exceptionally courteous and helpful and above all sympathetic to my situation. I could not have asked for anything more. I will definitely return to the Killeen area and will definitely stay at the TownePlace Suites. I have already told everyone I have come into contact with since my stay how wonderful of an atmosphere was provided there, how helpful everyone was and how they should make it a point to stay at a TownePlace Suites!

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed 22 September 2008

Nice enough. There are a few hotels near each other of similar or better quality (some offer evening meals). Outdoor pool with no hot tub. Gym is adequate, and back streets near the hotel were fine for outdoor running. No place to eat in walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business