“Adult Grilled Cheese...par excellence ”

The League Kitchen & Tavern
Ranked #3 of 61 Restaurants in Lakeway
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

I've been to this restaurant several times and have never been disappointed. My husband loves their veggie burger, said it's the best he ever had. Today I had ooey gooey grilled cheese, lusciously dripping all over my plate. I dipped it in the tomato soup, which accompanied the sandwich. It was scrumptious. Oddly enough it didn't feel or taste greasy, it was perfect! Service was very good. We went at lunch. I think it was about $9. You can't beat that!

1  Thank Ruth F

Reviewed September 17, 2017

Normally, I would just say "Very Good" for this great place close to my home. It rises to excellent because of one dish: Fish-N-Chips. Mind you, I don't really like fish-n-chips, but these guys manage to do something that truly excites my taste buds with it!!! But I have never gone away unimpressed. Service and atmosphere is laid back and efficient. Great neighborhood spot!

Their brunch menu is light on the selections, but still very good.

Reviewed August 12, 2017

We keep going back to this restaurant for a very good reason. We know what to expect. The service is outstanding and the food never disappoints. Two in our party had the Crusted Trout dish and it was delicious.

Reviewed August 1, 2017 via mobile

I'm going to start positive: the hostesses are the perfect face to see whenever you walk in the door. They are all so sweet and are great at their job. The waiters/waitresses all have great personalities! They make the restaurant fun.
Okay, why I only gave it three stars: (picture I posted) I went to the League recently and got a couple of carrots. I don't know what they were, but I'll never order carrots from here again... in the picture I included with this, the carrot was completely bendable and concerning. It tasted like rubber also. I think this place's intentions are AWESOME... but they just need a little bit of tweaking.

Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

We loved the food at the league, the staff were great! All the food we ordered were good! I had the southern burger! It was great and my wife had the trout! It was very good as well!

Been to The League Kitchen & Tavern? Share your experiences!