“Great to have a taste of the islands here in East Texas!”
Review of JTeez Cafe

JTeez Cafe
Ranked #120 of 257 Restaurants in Longview
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Reviewed January 12, 2018

To my pleasant surprise, I don't have to wait to drive to DFW for a bite of Caribbean food. I just happened to look over and spot this restaurant while at the neighboring Starbucks of the Loop 281 in Longview. Greeted with great customer service, I couldn't leave without placing an order of the sampler with bacon-wrapped plantains and crab fritters, different but tasty. Will be going back soon!!

Reviewed October 12, 2017

What a great find! It's Saturday morning and IHOP is jam-packed of course so I jump on Yelp and see this JTeez Caribbean restaurant listed...Oh my goodness! How lucky we were to find this. On the weekends they have a brunch special that can include a bloody Mary or Mimosa. They do grits to make any Southerner proud! The cuisine is similar to South Carolina Low Country, with shrimp and grits, catfish and grits, eggs anyway you want 'em.... They have jerk chicken and turkey legs, pulled pork that will make you slap your mama! Check it out!

Reviewed June 4, 2017

We were in town and had our daughter-in law with us who was born and raised in Jamaica. Her mom is a chef there. We decided to give this a try. There were four of us and ordered four entrees. First one. Ox tail. Pretty good. Tender. Small portion for the price. But on the menu, it says Jerk. It was covered in Brown stew. Ordered yams and spicy coleslaw. Yams were very plain and coleslaw was very bland and dry. Entree number two. Island grilled chicken breast. This chicken was almost inedible. Very dry and tough. A little tiny bit of sauce that had no flavor and taste like it came out of a can. Entree three. On menu, says pineapple boat Jerk shrimp with rice. What came out was a sliver of pineapple, not the pineapple boat that your used to getting everywhere, covered with rice and shrimp. The Jerk shrimp were very good. Rice was dry and bland. I scraped up what Jerk sauce on the plate I could, added salt and pepper to it and ate some if it. Left hungry. Entree four. Loaded baked potato. Potato was only half cooked. Still tough. Small. Came with a portion cup each of cold cheese, butter, sour cream, and Bacon. After putting those on the potato it was now tough and only Luke warm. I think this would be a great little place with an accurate menu description, and a more experienced Cook. Also, when paying that much, you can't have people leaving hungry.

Reviewed May 6, 2017

Finding this place was such a pleasant surprise! I moved from the Houston area, where there is a wide diversity of cuisines, and came to Longview, where, well, there isn't!
I didn't know this existed, although I pass it often, until a friend told me about it. It's on the loop beside the Starbucks across from Casa Ole and Toys R Us. The decor is refreshing and attractive.
I had a wonderful burger on my first visit, and my husband had a fish plate. There was a problem with his fish, and when the owner was told about it, she took care of it very quickly and appropriately. We came for brunch on another day, and I had the omelet (huge!), and husband had chicken. We were both pleased and look forward to returning.
The only reason I gave JTeez just 4 stars is because I want to reserve my 5 stars for that rare dining experience that you don't come across often.
The owner is a delightful lady and I wish her luck!

Reviewed November 2, 2016 via mobile

Wish I would of taken pictures. Had jerk shrimp appetizer it looked so appealing over the island slaw. Was very Delicious and tasteful. My husband had the jerk Ox Tail and I had the island grilled chicken. A very scrumptious meal indeed. I would this Cafe.

Management response:Responded November 11, 2016

Thanks for giving us a try! We are glad that you and your husband enjoyed your visit. Please stop in and bring friends. Now serving Brunch Saturday 9 am until 2 pm and Sunday 9 am until 4 pm one complimentary mimosa per guest per order per visit. Ask for Randall next time you are in.