“Good Texas BBQ”

Carter's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #18 of 257 Restaurants in Longview
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Carter's is one of those places you hope you'll find when traveling. It's just an old gas station turned into a bar-b-que joint. That means, it ain't fancy but the food is great...BBQ Brisket, Boudin, Ribs, Chicken, even Pig's Feet! A typical meal is a sandwich, which is HUGE, with your favorite meat, chopped right in front of you if you want shredded brisket, then you add sides, like potatoe salad or cole slaw...it's all good. You get in line, place you order and by the time you've paid, your food is ready, to-go or to eat in. You sit at long tables with all the other BBQ oficionados and enjoy your meal and, of course, sweet tea. It's filling and fun.

Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped by to try their BBQ. We both had the rib plate with 2 sides. This was like no other BBQ rib plate. I think it was a whole slab. We each had 9 of the most tender ribs of anywhere and their sauce was the icing on the cake. Our sides were the baked beans and potato salad. Both were very good. The place got very busy just before we left. Seems it’s a favorite place for the locals. We will be back.

Reviewed December 29, 2017

I love their bbq sauce. I only wish they had fried okra for a side. The Brisket has a good flavor. I love the turkey and the ribs. The prices are just right and the service is always fast. I normally go out of town for my bbq but was happy we found this place.

Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

Great place to stop for bbq. Portions are big! Busy place and clean atmosphere. Food is ready pretty fast, steady group of people preparing in formation and communication is great btwn them. Everything was awesome to the last rib bone. Thank you

Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

We usually get brisket or ribs when we have BBQ but the boudin and jalapeño sausage sang to us. They give you a lot of it with your choice of bread or bun. Both were great and a nice change. We also got the excellent chunky Cole slaw and the above average beans. Ice tea came in a very large go cup. It's counter service and a lot of locals. Really excellent. 2 miles from the interstate.