“Must have barbecue”

Texas Best Smokehouse
Ranked #8 of 243 Restaurants in Longview
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed February 26, 2016 via mobile

I got there real late in the evening, and as you know,as barbecue sits it tends to lose it's good quality. But I will tell you what, I will not drive past this business. It was some of the best barbecue I have had in many many years. The price is a little on the high side. But it is very good quality barbecue. I really enjoyed it. I had a slab of ribs and their smashed potatoes and pinto beans. As I have always said, good barbecue does not need barbecue sauce. And they said they make their own barbecue sauce, but I wouldn't know, because I did not need any.

Reviewed February 8, 2016

We were so surprised with this restaurant. It is a buffet which I don't normally go to but the hotel we were staying at recommended it and I am so glad they did. Good old fashioned barbecue. Food was delicious. Will go back again when traveling to Texas.

Reviewed December 4, 2015

This Texas Best Smokehouse is one of 6 locations in Texas.. Technically, it could be considered just another Truck Stop but it is so much more. This place has everything for the traveler: Gas, Food, Bakery (including a great selection of Original Fried Pies), Snacks, Beverages and of course Souvenirs of the Texas Variety!
Travelers seem to like their great selection of food, in particular their smoked Brisket which could be purchased by the pound or made into a great sandwich with tasty BBQ Sauce. They also have a Sonic restaurant on site if that is what you have a hankering for.

Travelers Note: I understand that they plan on opening a new one on US 287 South in Henrietta, Texas soon!

Reviewed November 16, 2015 via mobile

Name sounded good, but nothing good after that. Pulled pork was oven baked, not BBQ. Took a lot of sauce to add some flavor. Potato salad was too vinegary. Greens just didn't taste good. Staff very friendly. Restrooms messy.

Reviewed September 10, 2015 via mobile

The servers were rude . I got the beef brisket it with BBQ sauce and it was so dry, I had to drink a soda just to get it down. The sides are good but very disappointed in the BBQ