“Pretty darned good”

Adams Rib Pit Bar-B-Que
Ranked #129 of 257 Restaurants in Longview
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 18, 2018

This is one of those places where you go to eat and aren't concerned about ambiance or making an impression. It's down-home cooking, and that's all Adam's Rib needs. Chicken, brisket, ribs -- whatever, it's all good. Prices are quite reasonable. Check out their lunch special of the day for a good meal deal.

Reviewed October 29, 2016

Dropped in for dinner. This was our first time to visit this restaurant. Very pleased with the service, and the food was very good. A nice atmosphere for dining as well.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

It's too bad this place is so far from my usual shopping locale in Longview. I went there on a BBQ taste testing. The interior is standard BBQ decor. The staff are adequate, but not overly friendly. The brisket, though, was moist, succulent, flavorful and tender. It wasn't necessarily smoky tasting, but I found that appealing. I'm not usually a fan of just straight up sliced brisket. I usually have a chopped beet sandwich at any BBQ stand. Here, though, I would opt for the sliced brisket on a plate. It was that good. The sausage had a nice flavor, but it had a very fine texture. A little too fine for me. The rib was good but again, I'd go straight for the brisket.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Been there many times to both places. Ribs are tender, juicy, and loaded with meat. Smoked turkey is great. Pies are to die for.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Arrived about 11:30 told counter person it was my first time here Response was Ohhh, I ordered a sliced beef sand. , sausage link on the side and a sm. potato salad. Order was ready pretty fast, but there were only 3 or 4 people eating. I noticed that the brisket and a few other meats were lying on the cutting board under a heat lamp. My brisket was dry and a bit under cooked needed another 45 min or so on the smoker. The sausage had little to none smoke flavor, potato salad pretty plain, but it's potato salad I stopped for BBQ. Sauce a little sweet just O-K. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the highest I would give my visit a 6 just above average. The only reason for that was dining area was clean as was the restroom. I was not offered any onions or pickles I had to ask. No one ever asked how it was, if I liked it or even said thank you and come back. I saw all young people working and was more interested in talking about personal stuff than doing their job. The lady behind me placed a to-go order, not sure if she noticed but I did, when the young lady was dishing up one of the vegetables into the container she smelled the Vegetable and asked the other young lady to smell it, she shrugged and I could tell she said it was O-K . The right thing would be to take the vegetable in question to the back, out of sight then determine if it was good or not. This is a nice place that has potential But if it continues like this I feel the owner is spending money on a lost cause. You can get so so BBQ anywhere, you have to be better than that and make people want to come back. Service and Quality
nuff said