“Excellent BBQ”

Adams Rib Pit Bar-B-Que
Ranked #129 of 243 Restaurants in Longview
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

We have eaten here several times and without hesitation I can say that these guys know their stuff.
There are separate specials each day of the week.
On certain days they do run out of things like last night, it was the baked beans. Man, they are good.
When you order a special you get two sides. That’s a toughie! Must save one of those for the banana pudding. If you don’t like bananas, then besides from needing an intervention, you gotta try the baked beans or the Mac n cheese for the little ones
I have paid twice the price for heaping meat on a baked potato at other places.
The staff is super personable with suggestions, going above and beyond with patience when we have a big group, or letting you taste something to see if you like it.
The drive through is usually hopping and it is not real far off interstate 20 in Longview near 259. If you are in the area heading toward Louisiana and needing quick food that was cooked nice and slow, this is the place. Help support local folks who work hard and honestly to make our lives a little easier and a whole lot sweeter.

Reviewed April 18, 2018

This is one of those places where you go to eat and aren't concerned about ambiance or making an impression. It's down-home cooking, and that's all Adam's Rib needs. Chicken, brisket, ribs -- whatever, it's all good. Prices are quite reasonable. Check out their lunch special of the day for a good meal deal.

Reviewed October 29, 2016

Dropped in for dinner. This was our first time to visit this restaurant. Very pleased with the service, and the food was very good. A nice atmosphere for dining as well.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

It's too bad this place is so far from my usual shopping locale in Longview. I went there on a BBQ taste testing. The interior is standard BBQ decor. The staff are adequate, but not overly friendly. The brisket, though, was moist, succulent, flavorful and tender. It wasn't necessarily smoky tasting, but I found that appealing. I'm not usually a fan of just straight up sliced brisket. I usually have a chopped beet sandwich at any BBQ stand. Here, though, I would opt for the sliced brisket on a plate. It was that good. The sausage had a nice flavor, but it had a very fine texture. A little too fine for me. The rib was good but again, I'd go straight for the brisket.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Been there many times to both places. Ribs are tender, juicy, and loaded with meat. Smoked turkey is great. Pies are to die for.