All reviews newer hotel growing pains next morning great location housekeeping staff texas tech a great stay free breakfast nice hotel front desk stay there again netflix newness target fireplace tv gym
Reviewed July 23, 2018

There is nothing better than a new, modern hotel like this one. Everything was clean, fresh, and comfortable. From the TV technology to the modern bathroom fixtures, this hotel stay was outstanding. Also impressive was how affordable the price is with my AAA rate and being treated like a VIP as a Marriott Platinum Elite. West Texas is undergoing another boom. I am glad this hotel is not trying to overly profit from that. My only tiny criticism is the same for all Marriotts: They would do well to upgrade their soap/shampoo provider.

Room Tip: I always choose a top floor room but this property was exceptionally quiet regardless.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Almost a year old, this modest to mid price quality hotel would be great anywhere in Lubbock, but was perfectly situated for our needs.

Very comfortable and large room and bathroom. Large, smart TV enabled us to watch our Netflix favorites.

Breakfast offerings were noticeably better than average, and not overly crowded for a Saturday morning.

Well managed, with friendly front desk and housekeeping staff.

TIP: If staying here, you might want to bring your own K-cup favorites, as there is a single serve coffee maker in the room! (Wished I’d have known ahead of time!)

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Holly W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2018

Greetings WildWilliam,
Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and I'm glad to know that you liked the amenities that we offer. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Lubbock. Have a wonderful rest of the summer!!

Reviewed June 26, 2018

Was a nice place online and I got a fancy room. Pool was very important to me and this one seems great in the pictures. In reality I arrived at the pool and the jets seem to be facing the wrong direction, as if something were very wrong. The water is cold, and the next day the pool was nearly completely empty, and closed! I ask the front desk staff but it was mostly young folks, who should be a bit more empowered but whatever. They had no answers to some very simple questions.

I decided pool was a big deal and wasn't satisfied with the staff and moved out early.

One more thing to note upon my arrival the lock on my door did not work. It made a latching sound but you'd push on it to open. Trust me, it was just a door and somehow was broken and not user error. I had to move everything. This was a bad introduction. This town entirely consists of 4-story single-corridor hotels. Choose any one of them.

Stayed: June 2018
Holly W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2018

Good day Punk C,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I see how frustrating your stay was, and I apologize for the pool and service issues you experienced during your stay. This is not our regular standards that we uphold, unfortunately like all other businesses we do have technical issues that are beyond our control. I do apologize for the bad introduction; we have corrected the problems that you encountered during your stay. Thank you for being our guest, have a great summer!

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Love this place. This was a nice hotel. Very comfortable and quiet, high ceilings, super comfortable bed and nice bathrooms. Love the stone counter tops. I also enjoyed the internet TV option so I could log into Netflix. At this hotel, what I like is that you get what you pay for. It's not like some older remodeled place trying to charge premium prices. It's brand new.
Breakfast and bar are wonderful.
I do feel the TV should be higher up, but that's minor.
Great place and I will be back!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Holly W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Good dayAnthonye863,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities. We look forward to having you as our guest again, have a great rest of the summer!!

Yours in hospitality,
Holly Wright

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

Checked in at 10:30 pm. Went to room and found bathroom had not been cleaned as indicated by dirty towels present, hair in sink, used shampoo and conditioner bottles in shower along with used bar of soap, and water spots on glass shower door. Housekeeping of course not there at that time of day. The clerk at reception desk did offer to clean the room but I was too tired to wait on him so I asked for clean towels and sheets (why take a chance that they might be dirty also) which he gave me and I made the bed with the new clean sheets. At check out I learned other guests also did not have fully cleaned rooms. I feel I should have been comped for the room but they gave me some extra Marriott Reward points instead.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Holly W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

Dear Okiedent,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. It has come to my attention that the service you received during your
recent stay did not meet your expectations. For this, I sincerely apologize. The experience you described is not characteristic of the level of service our associates strive to provide. I will get with the correct departments to ensure that these issues do not occur anymore.

Yours in hospitality,