1,157 results
All reviews evening reception koi pond front desk made to order breakfast the managers free happy hour excellent stay breakfast staff morning breakfast complimentary breakfast great place to stay the loop the breakfast area texas tech atrium roomy highway
Reviewed July 31, 2016

Upon arrival I was ignored for about 5 minutes while front desk personnel talked on the phone, after about 5 minutes I remembered I had signed up for digital key, so I just left without ever being acknowledged. I parked and brought a bell cart out to get luggage out of the car. After I had loaded All the luggage for four people on a two week trip onto the cart and started to push it, I realized it had a flat tire. After struggling to the room with a flat tire, we unloaded and went down for dinner. We sat in the restaurant area for about 10 minutes, before I got up and found a person sitting at a podium around the corner from the bar, he said he would send a server over to our table, about 5 minutes later I was approached by a surly bartender who seemed a little put out by our presence. The kids had long since lost patience and had left the table to look at the fish, but I knew what they wanted so I ordered food and drinks for everyone. Drinks came in a reasonable amount of time, but were not ever refilled, nor did the server ever return to the table to see if we needed anything. After an hour wait for 2 burgers and 2 orders of chicken tenders, I got up and found the first guy still sitting at the podium, I told him we were having service issues, and asked him if he could intervene to get our food out. He asked how long we had been waiting and when I told him about an hour he said that was about how long it usually took. I asked if that was how long it took to get drink refills usually, and he huffed, got up and went to find our server. When our server came to the table to bring refills, she reeked of smoke and it was obvious she had been out smoking. By this time it was well past our two young children's bed time. We had come down for dinner at 8 and it was about 9:30. My wife and kids went to the room (I had to go to the front deck to get a physical key at this point since all I had was the digital key) I waited about 10 more minutes and the server came back by, I asked if she could make our food Togo, she replied that they could not, but I was free to carry the food back to my room myself. At this point I went to the front desk explained what was going on and asked for my food to be comped, mind you, I had not received any food yet! The front desk personnel told me they didn't comp food unless there had been over a two hour wait. I asked about the embassy satisfaction guarantee and they told me that it doesn't apply to food only to my room. At this point my wife called me to see where I was and to inform me that the shower in the room (we paid an upgrade fee for a corner room with a 4 head shower) didn't work correctly. At this point I asked to speak with a manager, they went to get the manager and returned to tell me he was on the phone, I waited about 5 more minutes and they came back and told me the manager wasn't going to come, but he had said my food would be comped. While I was at the front desk, The food finally arrived, the food runner was the only person who seemed to realize that the ball had been dropped during our experience, she apologized profusely and said that there was only one cook in the kitchen. I stacked our plates up and started to go to the room when I realized we had never even been brought any silverware, I waited another 5 minutes for silverware. I got to the room and we had dinner around 10:15, needless to say, after that ordeal, even if the food was good (it wasn't) it would have been a horrible experience. The next morning, after showering in the normal shower in the room not the awesome one we paid extra for, I loaded all of our luggage onto a bell cart with, you guessed it, a flat tire. As I struggled to push the cart through the lobby, I stopped at the front desk and asked to speak to a manager, the lady at the front desk was attentive, apologetic, and empathetic. She comped our dinner and our room charges. I travel for work and stay at mostly hilton properties so I have a certain idea of the level of service I should expect from each of the hilton brands, I routinely am very pleased by my stays at embassy suites, this was not one of those cases. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Teammcwilliams
Michael A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2016

We are sorry for your experience. We hope the next time in Lubbock will be a better stay.

Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

I recently spent three nights at the Embassy Suites in Lubbock. I commend them on their breakfast and happy hour. Both were great. One morning I went to breakfast and left early to get back to my room since I had a business presentation that morning across town. I tried my key at 7:20 and it did not work. Called the front desk and they sent someone up who had to call an engineer when their master key would not open it. Engineer came and didn't have tools he needed and he left. He came back about five minutes later an had to call another engineer. They eventually got me in my room after 25 minutes of my initial problem. (3 double A batteries). This added to an already stressful morning due to the presentation I had to give and the time taken to get the door opened. When I got back that evening my key still didn't work. A manager happened to see me and ran over and let me in. I was given a small snack bag for my trouble. I am a Hilton honors member and feel it should have been a lot more. I am in sales and personally would have done a lot more for one of my customers!
That being said they were all very nice during this.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Michael A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2016

First and foremost let me thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback from your most recent stay with us here at the Embassy Suites in Lubbock. We are greatly apologetic for the extreme inconveniences you suffered during your time with us here, specifically with your room door. It is nice to know that in our attempt to get your door repaired our staff was friendly. But instead im sure you would have more greatly appreciated a fast and efficient repair of you room door as to not add any additional stress to your already busy and big day. Please come back to visit us and allow us another opportunity to show you that we indeed provide you a perfect 10 stay!

Reviewed July 27, 2016

Everything was clean and the staff was very friendly. We were greeted at the front desk with a friendly helpful face. Great breakfast in the morning. Omelets, bacon, sausage, and pancakes are made fresh to order. The rooms are big and clean.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Michael A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2016

I appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. I will pass your compliments to the chef. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast and the property. Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 26, 2016

My husband and I stayed here two different times in July and both times were amazing! The hotel is absolutely beautiful. The staff are very courteous and accommodating. Both times we stayed in a King Premium room. The price includes a huge basket of goodies which were great. The second time we opt to not take the basket which lowered the price of the room a little. Beds were so comfortable. Bathroom was small, but adequate. We would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for a great review. We appreciate the compliments and I will be sure to pass them along to the staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

I usually stay at Hampton Inn but Embassy was offering a flash sale. I use the Hilton App to book all my rooms. If you haven't tried the app you are really missing out. I enjoy the pre check in and getting to select my room. That being said, the Embassy had a "flash sale" which made a two room suite less expensive than the Hampton Inn. We thought we would enjoy it but there was only one room to choose from. We used digital check in and that was amazing! No waiting in line! We just used the app, it told us which doors we could unlock from the exterior and then we unlocked our room. I loved it! The room however felt damp and musty. When we sat on the couch it sank down so low it was like sitting on the floor. Furniture, including the mattresses, needed to be replaced. The bathroom was also very small.

Stayed: July 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We will take it into consideration in continuing to find ways to improve our guest experience. I am so pleased that you use the digital check in and the digital key. We love it also. We hope to see you again in the near future.